Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High rank diplomat buckle and brocade belt

Hello all,

I have seen the NSKK leader buckles in silver but could someone tell me what this one in gold is. The brocade belt has a black backing.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Ben
    Hello all,

I have seen the NSKK leader buckles in silver but could someone tell me what this one in gold is. The brocade belt has a black backing.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    This is not NSKK but a high-ranking diplomat or high administration official, this is a rare brocade!

Let me know if it is looking for a new home.

Marc

Comment

If it really needs a new home, it can choose between Brussels and New Orleans.

Comment

diplomatic brocade

Please E-mail me the pictures of this belt and buckle at pappypelican@aol.com

Thanks, Harold Brouphy

Comment

Put me on the list too.

Comment

Hello Ben,

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>

I changed the title of the thread to “Diplomat” instead of ” NSKK.”

This brocade was worn by high-ranking diplomats or state officials of group 2. The gold buckle could also be worn by all diplomats or state officials of the highest rank of any lower group. This brocade and buckle is not the highest ranking brocade and buckle set. There is one group above this one. The group 1

To make it clear, there are 3 groups in the diplomats and officials:

Group 1 Silver brocade black stripes. Silver buckle, silver and gold buckle and gold buckle.

Group 2 brocade as illustrated above. 3 buckle variations

Group 3 Gold brocade with black stripes. 3 variations of buckles.

For diplomats the back of the brocade is black, for officials the back is dark bleu. But! For the official visit to Mussolini, all brocades had a dark bleu baking as the diplomat uniform at that time where dark bleu!

There are many variations of metal and manufactures for the buckles; they exist in aluminium or plated brass.

The difference of the diplomat and the state officials is the direction of the eagle head. (As for the diplomat daggers)

If we make the sum of all types of configurations of these brocades we arrive at the sum of at least 18 different configurations, on top we ad a very scarce Green backing brocade of which I have only seen one example. Plus all these buckles in two different metals. Not even mentioning the different makers and the “ Batman” prototypes.

Collecting these brocades as only collection subject is totally possible but astronomical expensive as you can end up with over 40 variations.

<o></o>

Marc

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X