Info Wanted: Heer Bakelite Buckles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Info Wanted: Heer Bakelite Buckles

There seems to be no documentation of these other than the photo in Angolia, & he did not handle the actual buckle. Anything known about these? Some have related them to the pre-war bakelite stocks experimented with on K98 rifles.

Hello,

In the early 80’s (1983/4) a large collection of German buckles has been sold, the collection was bought by a very well know English dealer who offered it for sale to some Belgian collectors before to bring it to England. The collection was for a few days on display at the house of Albert Heinz, who was during that period a well know honest dealer in Belgium. I had the chance to see this collection and to buy my first large cross Red Cross prototype buckle. In this collection, there where TWO Bakelite buckles!! One Whermacht and one SS. The W.H. one was in good condition but the SS one was broken in the back. I could not afford to buy them and none of the buckles collectors in Belgium that I know did. Like me most of them are regretting this bitterly now but it is too late. Unfortunately, Albert died many years ago taking the secret of who bought those buckles with him.
    They are out there somewhere and I have seen them personally so the existence of those buckles is not a legend.
    Marc

Comment

Marc.......I have a friend named Bob who has a web site here in southern california and he deals TR items...he helped teach me the ins and outs of buckles when I first started collecting...I asked him about the bakelite buckle in angolias book.probably a year or two ago ..he said he knew a collector here in southern california who has one...I wonder if it is the same buckle???? have you ever seen another besides the one in belguim in the 80's????? I could probably get this guys contact info if you wish...let me know..chad
      Originally posted by Marc verstraete
      Hello,

In the early 80’s (1983/4) a large collection of German buckles has been sold, the collection was bought by a very well know English dealer who offered it for sale to some Belgian collectors before to bring it to England. The collection was for a few days on display at the house of Albert Heinz, who was during that period a well know honest dealer in Belgium. I had the chance to see this collection and to buy my first large cross Red Cross prototype buckle. In this collection, there where TWO Bakelite buckles!! One Whermacht and one SS. The W.H. one was in good condition but the SS one was broken in the back. I could not afford to buy them and none of the buckles collectors in Belgium that I know did. Like me most of them are regretting this bitterly now but it is too late. Unfortunately, Albert died many years ago taking the secret of who bought those buckles with him.
      They are out there somewhere and I have seen them personally so the existence of those buckles is not a legend.
      Marc

Comment

Hi Chad, Thank you for the info, Yes I know there is such a W.H buckle in a private collection in California. I had not the pleasure to see it but heard of it from a reliable source.

Marc

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X