2 Piece SS buckle for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Piece SS buckle for review

I know nothing about these, thoughts please.
    Attached Files
    HC

back

back
    Attached Files
    HC

Comment

Originally posted by hcliffe
      I know nothing about these, thoughts please.
      Just another replica. Variants of those fakes trying to duplicate the so called "SS EM Prototype" are numerous, and fakers tried any possibility (even casting a fake! ) to make unwarned collectors swallow their production.

There is only two "original" variants of the so called "SS EM Prototype" and both are pictured in the latest Angolia's book pages 219 and 220. The one page 219 with scrolls before and after the motto along with "knob" catch used by several firms including Overhoff and Assmann, is unmarked but certified by the owner of the die pictured page 218 (supposedly used to make them) been made by the Assmann firm. Recently this information has suddenly changed, change brought by the same person but without specification or explanation. So, to know the reason(s) or who became the current maker by now, one has to ask him and be or not satisfied with the provided answer. I do not have this answer.

The other one without scrolls pictured page 220 made with regular catch for one piece aluminum buckles was made by Richard Sieper & Söhne, which was the major maker of aluminum buckles during the Third Reich. As correctly said by Angolia the buckle is marked under the post sleeve assembly (roll bar). What is missing from his text is by who: it is marked with the Sieper's logo (RSL within a diamond as displayed page 23 in the same book). So, this one is at least granted to have been made by Sieper. To the best of my current knowledge, these are the only SS Buckles been made by this firm.

Hope I give you the answer you were looking for.
      Last edited by Jean Pierre Redeuilh; 02-15-2004, 11:16 AM.
      Jean Pierre Redeuilh
      All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Jean,

You always give the answer I am looking for. The honest one. I do not own this buckle, but found it interesting since I had never seen one. Thanks for your always quick response.
        HC

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X