X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire Police Officer belt?

Currently, I have this belt up for sale on E-Stand:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=422778

I have been told that it is a Fire Police Officer belt, and that the stamp of "CARL HENKEL - BIELEFELD" is a good clue for telling so. It is a simple black-colored belt, and I believe that makes sense - out of simple curiosity, does anyone else agree?

Thanks in advance for any replies . . .
    Attached Files

"CARL HENKEL - BIELEFELD" logo stamped in belt
    Attached Files

Comment

While it could be a Fire Defense/Fire Police belt the Keeper is non-typical for a Fire Police buckle (most were burnish blue/black color or "bronze washed"....
      The keeper is brite Alum (and appears "flat")....

The Fire Police connection is probably because "Carl Henkel Bielefeld" was also the maker of Leather Fire Police Helmets (as well as Spiked Helmets pre WW1)
      but they were a Leather Products Manurfacturer....not "just" for the Fire Service.

I don't see anything that makes this belt "Fire".....but could be about anything that had a brite "Alum." buckle......
      John G.

Comment

John G.,

Thanks for the information . . . yes, the belt does have an aluminum keeper, and the Fire Police connection did come from the Henkel background you mention.

It's good to know that the belt could compliment an aluminum buckle of any nature . . . that opens up many possibilities.

Thanks again for the information - I learned something new today!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X