Gold HJ Buckle Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold HJ Buckle Help

I have tried to do some digging on this buckle to no avail. Would love to get some thoughts from you guys. It is a steel HJ marked M5/276. What is throwing me is the gold color. Would this have been used by the HJ marine?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Anyone???

Comment

Hello Paul,

The golden HJ buckles were associated with the Marines. It looks very nice.

Comment

You're right...I can see the gold traces from the side ...on the middle sides of the raised center.....thats an astoot observation mr carter....anybody else have one like this lying about? Might be why the finish is partially gone...the salt air or salt water effects on the finish, wich makes sense. Kewel...the chest feathers look sorta like turtle scales...even the eagles head seems a little different than the usual common type.

Comment

Hi all
              the Navy reference is one solely of speculation as Navy buckles were gold.. There is no solid evidence that there ever was a sanctioned gold HJ buckle for any reason ..although navy would make sense if there was.. with all that being said.. I do hold 2 -3 gold HJ in my collection , and I can say that the paint on them is period and one or more was worn as a gold buckle for sure.. there has been much heated discussion here on WA .. do a search here on the buckle area ,and you will see a few threads on the gold HJ buckles , and many different opinions.. I personally keep an open mind as we see things pretty regularly around here that have never been seen before, that end up being original !
              thanks for sharing
              Chad

Comment

Thanks for the feedback from all of you. This is a great looking buckle and a real curiosity. Because I am not a buckle collector, I wanted some real input before I sent it the the E-stand.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X