zink M4/23 HJ buckles n°1 & 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zink M4/23 HJ buckles n°1 & 2

I recently bought these 2 buckles from same hersteller (Franke & Co.,Lüdensheid).
    The buckle are very similar but not the same.Or maybe the differences I feel are due to different conditions of wear, I don't know.
    the markings also slightly differ as they were made with different dies, and one buckle bears a number 1 and the other one number 2.
    I read somewhere here that it may refer to different lot, but I would like to know more about it. Here are the buckles
    Attached Files

b-side
    Attached Files

Comment

nice buckles
      it is my beliefe that the (1) and (2) refer to the mold cavity in which the buckles were injected.. this is still a common practice to mark the mold cavities.. by doing this they can identify if there is a problem with a mold ...which cavity will have to be replaced...
      just my two cents...
      I also believe that the injection molds were made by one or two outside companies and were not made by the buckle manufacturer themselves.. this is also common practice today..
      this is why there are many different buckle makers all producing zinc injection buckles that all show the numbering system and very close characteristics..
      Chad

Comment

Thanks Chad! I tend to agree with you, you can also notice that the maker markings are slightly different like they were made with different dies.This would make sense if produced by 2 companies.
        Are you aware of buckles marked with higher numbers, 3,4,... ?

Comment

I have never seen anything higher than 2
          Chad

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X