MedalsMilitary

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heer Officer Open Claw Belt w/Pre-1939 DRGM Shoulder Strap - How Rare Are These?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer Officer Open Claw Belt w/Pre-1939 DRGM Shoulder Strap - How Rare Are These?

This is probably one of my earliest finds when I first started getting interested in collecting during my first tour in Germany. (21-22 years ago??). It might be the earliest "treasure" that is still left in my collection. Got it at a flea market near France (Hornberg). The unmarked Officer claw belt and buckle is as found with a shoulder strap attached. The belt is in decent condition (one keeper is on there, but the stitching is shot), but the strap is in great shape and both clips are DRGM marked and all metal is nicely pebbled. You can see it's named too. Buckle is early Nickel-silver and has green verdigris on it. I know I should clean it off.

It's been sitting in a footlocker for years and I am bringing it out for two reasons, one I am considering selling and also to confirm that the shoulder strap is in fact correct for this belt and buckle.

Honestly, in the 20 years since, I have never come across another Wehrmacht belt and buckle combo enlisted or officer that had the shoulder strap still attached. Don't see them on the usual websites for sale either so can't check values of Heer shoulder strap and belt combos.

Angolia's buckle book states that they were no longer worn once the war started. How uncommon are these shoulder straps? I have seen literally dozens of the political style to include SS, SA and HJ, but not the Heer (Wehrmacht) type. What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Colorado; 01-16-2010, 10:00 AM.
    Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Last one.
            Attached Files

Comment

Any help would be appreciated. Figured it would be most appropriate in the buckle forum because it was addressed in Angolia's buckle book as such.

Maybe best asked in the Uniform section?

Comment

Hi Jeff,
                They show up once and a while, they are not rare. Yours appears to be put together. The cross strap should match the belt and there would be loops that go through the belt slits. There are examples with a wool interior, I will see if I can find mine and show you.
                Hope that helps,
                Dave
                DaveJ

Comment

This thread shows a couple mine too
                  http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=cross+strap
                  DaveJ

Comment

Hi Dave - I expect to see you at SOS my friend!

That rig you show looks completely different than mine and attachments such as that would not work on mine. Agree the color is difference, but optimistically, one could say the difference was because the belt was worn long after the order the order to remove the strap was given. Later, the German Vet found them in separate drawers in his cabinet and in moment of fond remembrance reunited them.

Yeah, I know. Not likely.

Comment

Hi Jeff,
                      I do not think I will be at the SOS this year, logistics problems,Think of me when you look at the cool stuff on the tables,
                      Dave
                      DaveJ

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X