German belt and buckle markings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German belt and buckle markings

Today I was closly examining a German belt and buckle rig Dad brought back. I found markings all over it. There is a signature on the inside of the leather belt I assume from the soldier it was issued to. I think the rig is in pretty good condition. It also looks like possibly a unit number. Can anyone "translate" any of them ?? I'd be obliged....

Greg
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    Sgt. Mahlon E. Sebring, 82nd ABN, 319th Glider Field Arty. A Battery - Normandy to Berlin

As it was their duty to defend our freedom, so it becomes our duty to honor their service.

buckle front
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    Sgt. Mahlon E. Sebring, 82nd ABN, 319th Glider Field Arty. A Battery - Normandy to Berlin

As it was their duty to defend our freedom, so it becomes our duty to honor their service.

Comment

signature
      Attached Files
      sigpic

Comment

leather markings
        Attached Files
        sigpic

Comment

buckle markings
          Attached Files
          sigpic

Comment

more leather markings...I can read 1942
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Greg Sebring; 01-14-2004, 11:44 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

unit maybe ??
              Attached Files
              sigpic

Comment

Hi Greg
                Thanks for the trusted can I say task you gave me here let's try to divide the information’s.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>
                The belt.<o></o>

A) Maker is LLG Baden means LandesLieferrungsGenossenschaft Baden a landscape in southern Germany with Karlsruhe as main city. The organisations LLG was a group of skilled leathers workers/makers who has united into some kind of collecting office for there products meant for sale to the Government aka Wehrmacht.<o></o>

B. The previous owner was a R. Pihl and the length is the number stamped e.g. 100.<o></o>

C. The marking B.A.Bn 3 is a lttle cryptic to me I have seen such markings before but I haven't other ideas other than B (ekleidigungs) A (mt) Ba(den) means Depot office Baden a inventory markings. The markings have chances over time seeing a lot of differences. Some of the others markings can be some other kind of inventory markings as well.

The Buckle.<o></o>
                Nice normal Army execution with the maker of H. Arlois of Nürnberg stamped into the tab I am a little unsure about the surname of the maker but I guess its so. I am not collecting buckles but there are a lot of makers ask in the forum. In the buckle you can visually see the HA is present there too. <o></o>

I guess I have been around with my limited experience of buckles etc. but I hope you could use it otherwise you are most welcome to revert with questions.<o></o>

<o></o>

Kim <o></o>

Comment

Thank you Kim,... I appreciate the time and effort you put into the search. You have been most helpful.

Greg
                  sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X