back
      Attached Files

Comment

Its Marked JFS

JFS on the back ?

Comment

"Front Heil"

Hello Mark

I am sure that this veterans buckle is a fake, although I have never seen the exact type before.

There are several aspects that worry me, to include the roundel and the roller bar/claws, although the JFS logo is the prime indicator.

Appears that the letters have been individually hand punched, in an attempt to add an element of dignity to a fake.

Regards,

David

Comment

suspected fake items

Hi David <O</O
            </O
            Thanks for taking a look for me, today has been a grim day for me as i have been posting suspected fake items that have found their way into my collection, as you guys have confirmed they are indeed junk items that have been put on the market to try and deceive an unwary collector . I only paid £10 for this buckle so I guess it will do as a space filler until something good comes along.

Regards

Mark

Comment

Mauser,

Agree with renfield that it's a fake. The JFS is a prime give-away (Josef Freix, Gablonz a.d. Neisse in the Sudentenland). At the time this buckle was supposed to have been made, the Sudentenland was still firmly in Czekoslovakia. Also, the roundel is of a type that I have seen on a lot of fakes. What does not really worry me from your picture is the brass buckle box, including post/sleeves. Looks like a perfectly normal Imperial/20ies brass buckle, to which has been added a fake roundel and - to sex the thing up - a JFS marking.

Renfield, what exactly worries you about the post/sleeves?

Regards,

Karl

Comment

Front Heil

Karl

The reference to the post bar and claws is probably myself being a little over cautious.

I agree, prime facie an Imperial or Weimar box.

Have however recently seen at UK fairs, this exact box (slightly flattened u bar, slightly thicker than usual post and also, slightly pointed claws). In addition, all and without exception, similarly heavily stained and marked.

All though with various spurious emblems solder attached and mainly NSBO, veterans or fantasy related.

It just seemed slightly odd.

Regards,

David

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X