Another SS em Buckle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another SS em Buckle

I just picked up this buckle at a local show,It was on a original 41 dated belt and I bought the set for the price of the belt.The buckle looks good to me with just the catch poorly reattached,and the front cleaned or buffed.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks Jay Parisi
    Attached Files

additional pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JAYP
      I just picked up this buckle at a local show,It was on a original 41 dated belt and I bought the set for the price of the belt.The buckle looks good to me with just the catch poorly reattached,and the front cleaned or buffed.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks Jay Parisi
      The buckle is original. Of course you have the buckle in hands and so you certainly know much more than what I can see/say from those photos but based only by what I see I would not say 100% the catch was reattached to the buckle. Many Overhoff buckles produced by 1942 and later (marked or unmarked depending of year of production) like your had such excess soldering and "eaten" catch feet making look very crude the overall job.
      Jean Pierre Redeuilh
      All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Jean Pierre,Thanks for your confirmation,I thought it was good but it is very reassuring to get the thumbs up from a expert such as yourself.Thanks and Happy New Year.Jay Parisi

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X