today's find: 36/40 SS buckle opinion wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

today's find: 36/40 SS buckle opinion wanted

Just brought home today and I hope it's a lucky find since many 36/40 are fake nowadays.
    I do have already an alloy buckle so I won't keep this one but before selling it I prefer to post it here.
    It looks ok to me but I am not into SS stuff collecting and I would like your opinion . Thank you
    Zeller

1/7
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Zeller; 10-03-2009, 06:05 AM.

2/7
    Attached Files

Comment

3/7
      Attached Files

Comment

4/7
        Attached Files

Comment

5/7
          Attached Files

Comment

6/7
            Attached Files

Comment

7/7
              Attached Files

Comment

Zeller this Alu SS 36/40 buckle looks very much like a moulded repro to me.
                Regards Scott.

Comment

thanks Scott ! this is scary ... but i am still in time to bring it back where it comes from.
                  Did you see also the belt which came with it? maybe i was too attracted by that and missed something

Comment

I agree with Scott, the buckle is a moulded fake, and IMO the SS belt markings also
                    Regards
                    Iván

Comment

Originally posted by Zeller View Post
                      thanks Scott ! this is scary ... but i am still in time to bring it back where it comes from.
                      Did you see also the belt which came with it? maybe i was too attracted by that and missed something
                      Yes i seen the belt with SS markings but not sure if the SS stampings are genuine!!! but the belt is at least origional.
                      Cheers Scott.

Comment

Thanks guys! this set was in a private collection for many yearsand now that the owner passed away, the stuff is again available. there is alot of good items but lso fakes,as you are confirming here.
                        another thanks for holding me before i get burnt.

By the way, could you please point the main alarming signs out on both items so at least the threads will be useful also to other collectors? thanks

Comment

very good fake, Zell!

Comment

Hello TK

I should say "that was close" and almost stung me. Especially the belt . Probably is my ignorance and lack of knowledge in this field though.

Comment

I tried to study this buckle and I could only see some micro bubbles and moulding defects in picture 2,4 and 5. The front totally bought me. If you could point out more visible details it will help me learning. Thanks

PS - same goes for the belt.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X