Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buckel: What about tongues?

Hello,
    I have a question about tongues on buckles. In many books we can read that tongues must be machine made and not cut like a lot of actual fake, especially from russia.
    What do you think about that? because, I see some buckles in the E-stand with cut tongues.

The gentleman has sent me this PM, however, I disagree with his observations. Your comments are welcome. Thanks, Frank

Hello,
    tongues of your buckle are not machine-made but cut. It's a very bad sign... I think your buckle is a fake.
    Regards.
    Attached Files

Comment

I just want to have some advices, however, I don't speak about your buckle in my post and I give you my advice by MP. We are here to discuss.
      If you can post a photo with tongues of your buckle, we will be able to compare "machine made" and "cut" models.
      I make reference to "Third Reich Belt Buckles - a russien perspective" by Vladimir B Ulyanov.

Typicals machine made tongues (pick up on the site):

Comment

First, welcome to the forum.

It is my opinion that mid-war tabs (to which was the end of buckle tabs) there will be some variation to the pre-war tabs. The buckle you have shown is obviously a pre-war aluminum buckle and they will have all the "classic" features.

If this was hand cut, as opposed to machine cut, I would attribute the reason to the mass production of buckles at this time period. I have not see a leather tabbed buckle past 1942, althought they may have existed.

He is a photo of the buckle in question.
        Attached Files

Comment

This is an example if a "classic" cut tab.
          Attached Files

Comment

Here is another of mine dated 1942. This one appears to be machine cut. Again an end of an era for tabs (IMO).
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks.
              I speak about "tongues" and not "tap". I don't know if there is another word in english, I m french.
              Tongues are the two "claws" which go through the two holes of the tap.
              I can make a mistake, I have not a universal knowledge about militaria. If someone can explain to me, what is right? machine made or cut tongues?

Comment

Originally posted by Sponc View Post
                Thanks.
                I speak about "tongues" and not "tap". I don't know if there is another word in english, I m french.
                Tongues are the two "claws" which go through the two holes of the tap.
                I can make a mistake, I have not a universal knowledge about militaria. If someone can explain to me, what is right? machine made or cut tongues?
                Ok,

See if the is helps.
                Attached Files

Comment

Also, please read this thread about the black tabbed buckle.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=196749

Thanks, Frank

Comment

My translator is not really good...
                    You have a very impressive collection, congratulations.

Another time, I have learned something today, there is good buckle with cut claws. Books are not all.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X