hj belt & buckle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hj belt & buckle

I've been given some souvenirs that my uncle brought home with him from ww2,including a belt & buckle that from research on other threads from this forum must be a hitler youth b&b, eagle holding a diamond with a swastika inside the diamond with the inscription " Blut und ehre", there are some inscriptions on the back which are hard to identify because of some rust covering them, but I think they are as follows, KHM, then maybe a 9, over a circle with R and a lightening bolt or Z inside, beside is another circle with three S's that are made with straight lines. Does the rust identify what kind of metal it is made of ? On the belt there is a wreath with a disc in the centre, the centre of the disc seems to be made of felt, is this added on or original as I can't find any other threads with this feature? Can I also use my scanner to show you this belt and buckle, and if so how do I do it?

Hello and Welcome,

It should be more interesting (and much easier) to see the markings rather than try to figurate them since you have access to a scanner.
    If you can see KH numbers on your HJ buckle, it is an early manufacture.
    Anyway, before going further, let's try to post photos. To be able to post those yourself you need to become an Association member ($20 per year). But since you are a new member I will be glad to post them for you. Just send those photos to my private address which is:

jpredeu@videotron.ca

Please do not forget to write in the subject line something related to buckles if you want to be sure I will not delete it as spasm!
    Jean Pierre Redeuilh
    All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Posted for Highlander
      Attached Files
      Jean Pierre Redeuilh
      All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

...and belt
        Attached Files
        Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Back of buckle
          Attached Files
          Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

was just wondering if these pictures can't help anyone to i.d. this buckle & belt.

Comment

HJ belt buckle

Looks like an early HJ in nickle silver and by Steinhauer & Luck of Ludenschieid.

Stamped identification could be similar to the attached.

Regards,

David
              Last edited by David North; 09-10-2006, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Thanks Renfield those markings look the same by what I can see under the rust

Comment

That raised nodule above the eagles beak says it is a steinhauer and luck.
                  I have one with the exact same markings as shown and the nodule.
                  If yours is rusty(must be magnetic as well)it is probaly nickel plated steel.

Comment

thanks for the buckle id., can anyone add anything about the wreath?

Comment

Originally posted by highlander
                      thanks for the buckle id., can anyone add anything about the wreath?
                      The wreath and the cocade came from a visor cap (probably WH NCO - since it is not my cup of tea I can be wrong for the branch). It is just a souvenir the vet attached to the belt without particuliar reason. There is no relation between them and the Hj set (belt and buckle).
                      Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X