L. Gottlieb & Sohne Oberstein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L. Gottlieb & Sohne Oberstein

I've got a RAD EM's belt buckle marked L. Gottlieb & Sohne Oberstein 1939 on the attached leather strap. The buckle has LGS 39 on the reverse. What I'm wondering is " Is this a known maker?". I can't post a photo as I don't have a digital camera. When I bought it, there were a couple of other buckles ( Heer & Luftwaffe - poor condition ) with identical markings except for the year ( one was 1942, if I remember correctly ).
    Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by R. Murray; 12-16-2003, 11:00 AM.

Originally posted by R. Murray
    I've got a RAD EM's belt buckle marked L. Gottlieb & Sohne Oberstein 1939 on the attached leather strap. The buckle has LGS 39 on the reverse. What I'm wondering is " Is this a known maker?". I can't post a photo as I don't have a digital camera. When I bought it, there were a couple of other buckles ( Heer & Luftwaffe - poor condition ) with identical markings except for the year ( one was 1942, if I remember correctly ).
    Thanks for any help.
    J.Angolia lists this maker in his latest book on belt buckles so, yes, it is a known maker. For your information he also adds this maker did not have a RZM license. The year visible on each buckle (1939 and/or 1942) is, as I guess you already know, the year of production.
    Jean Pierre Redeuilh
    All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Pierre Redeuilh
      J.Angolia lists this maker in his latest book on belt buckles so, yes, it is a known maker. For your information he also adds this maker did not have a RZM license. The year visible on each buckle (1939 and/or 1942) is, as I guess you already know, the year of production.
      Thanks for the information. I'd figured that since this was a RAD item & the RAD wasn't a Party organiztion ( it had just been renamed from the older Voluntary Labour Service { FAD } ) like the SA, HJ, etc. that it wouldn't have an RZM number anyway.

All the best
      Rob Murray

Comment

Originally posted by R. Murray
        Thanks for the information. I'd figured that since this was a RAD item & the RAD wasn't a Party organiztion ( it had just been renamed from the older Voluntary Labour Service { FAD } ) like the SA, HJ, etc. that it wouldn't have an RZM number anyway.

All the best
        Rob Murray
        Please do not confuse the item (the buckle) and the maker! Of course a RAD buckle is not supposed to have any RZM marking for the reasons you already stated, but we are talking about the buckle maker (LGS) - not the buckle itself.
        The meaning is that since LGS did not have any RZM license (based on J.Angolia input) it should be very unlikely - or at least very suspicious - to find any "political" buckle (HJ, SA, etc...) made by this maker after 1934 or even more to find any buckle bearing the LGS trademark with a RZM number. This is all the added information meant but I had to write it in the reply I gave you since it was part of Angolia's text. Your RAD buckle was not at all taken in consideration.
        Jean Pierre Redeuilh
        All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Pierre Redeuilh
          Please do not confuse the item (the buckle) and the maker! Of course a RAD buckle is not supposed to have any RZM marking for the reasons you already stated, but we are talking about the buckle maker (LGS) - not the buckle itself.
          The meaning is that since LGS did not have any RZM license (based on J.Angolia input) it should be very unlikely - or at least very suspicious - to find any "political" buckle (HJ, SA, etc...) made by this maker after 1934 or even more to find any buckle bearing the LGS trademark with a RZM number. This is all the added information meant but I had to write it in the reply I gave you since it was part of Angolia's text. Your RAD buckle was not at all taken in consideration.
          Point taken. Thanks for your help with this one.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X