Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lw steel buckle and belt

Hello

I bought this ten years ago but never shown it ; is the grained leather tab common ? The oval marking is not easy to read. I think the year is 43. It has been quite denazified :

The belt which came with the buckle :

I don't know if the belt is original to the buckle. From the pics, could you please tell me if it is Lw ? There are some paint remains on metal parts, but the color seems to be silver ? It is very worn and has been shortened/repaired. Wartime modified ? I don't know (and I don't think lol). The leather tongue is broken and missing. Thanks for your comments !

Hi and welcome, both items are original, do you have a better pic of the oval makers mark on the leather support tab? If it is 43 dated it is a first for me and indeed a rare buckle!

Comment

Thank you ; unfortunately, this picture of the marking is the best I could do (5th from top). But when I have it in hands, I can't see much more. I'm not at home now, but I should try with an "individual" light (I don't know how I can say that) on sunday, or with a paper and pencil.

Comment

I would say from the pic which I have reversed it is 1940, I doubt it would be 43 but I hope it turns out to be that date also looks like pig skin leather
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by regiment739 View Post
          I would say from the pic which I have reversed it is 1940, I doubt it would be 43 but I hope it turns out to be that date also looks like pig skin leather

Hello All,

I think this was a Brüder Schneider 1943, Wien !

If the rivet may be made of aluminum ?

Best regards

Raphael
          Last edited by musketier; 07-28-2009, 07:19 AM. Reason: Supplement !

Comment

Hey Raphael, I hope you are right, it would be the first 43 dated Lufte buckle I have seen

Comment

Originally posted by musketier View Post
              Hello All,

I think this was a Brüder Schneider 1943, Wien !

If the rivet may be made of aluminum ?

Best regards

Raphael
              My knowledge with buckles is very limited : are you talking about the rounded pieces which maintain the tab axis ? I don't know how I can recognize aluminium...sorry I'm more used to cloth items How can I do ?

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by New kid View Post
                My knowledge with buckles is very limited : are you talking about the rounded pieces which maintain the tab axis ? I don't know how I can recognize aluminium...sorry I'm more used to cloth items How can I do ?

Thanks again
                Hello All,

Try it with a magnet ?

Does anyone else have any Brüder Schneider Wien for comparison ?

I am very sure that it is Brüder Schneider Wien !

Best regards

Raphael

Comment

Hello All,

Try it with a magnet ?

Best regards

Raphael
                  Ok I'll try it ; unfortunately I'm not at home now so I won't be able to do so before saturday. I'll give you some news without a doubt on saturday afternoon (France)/morning (US).

Thanks.

Comment

Hello All,

Try it with a magnet ?

Best regards

Raphael
                    Ok, I'm back ; so I've tried with a magnet, and you are right, the buckle itself is magnetic, not the axis (I don't know if it's the right word), and the color is different (brighter).

Comment

No more info ? Is all said ?

Comment

Please someone else has an opinion ? Anyway thanks to Raphael and Ben

Comment

Looks like 1940 to me
                          WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

ok, the aluminum hook on the belt end is made by 'OLC.'
                            the gloss paint almost looks like the patent leather used for dress bayo frogs.... did LW use patent leather belts for parades?

Comment

Originally posted by Gene View Post
                              Looks like 1940 to me
                              Hello All,

@Gene...this could be.
                              Would also be logical from the Succession of the materials.

Please make detailed images of the front and back.
                              Not so the sides as above.

Thank you !

Best regards

Raphael

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X