Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walther Buckle

Hello,

Let me start off by saying hello, since this is my first post. I found your board on searching for information about the buckle that I am about which I am going to inquire now. Your site is excellent. Now, down to business:

I inherited a belt buckle from my father that, based on my search of the internet, seems to be rather unique. It seems to be made of nickle or possibly nickel-silver. While the image on the buckle is not particularly unique, being an eagle in flight with the SS symbol in it's left talon and the swastika in the right, and also the standard phrase "Meine Ehre Heibt Treue" (with, of course, the germanic letters!), but it is not stamped sheet metal. Rather, it is seemingly punched out of heavy gauge metal. On the back it is stamped with the Walther logo ("Walther" on what seems to be a banner), and the standard "RZM" and "SS" logos, and also the designation "M7A/27/41" followed by "VIII"

I am attaching photos, but I sincerely apologize for their quality. My camera does not have an adequate "Macro" mode, so they are what they are. One set is scanned on my scanner, one set from my camera.

Any information you might have on this piece would be greatly appreciated.

Buzz,

Welcome to the forum and the Wehrmacht Awards community. The buckle that you show is either a fantasy piece or a reproduction of a prototype SS Officer's buckle that was never authorized.

Yuri

Comment

Hi Buzz, thanks for the kind comments about the site and welcome to the forum!
      I am sorry to sat that the buckle that you have is unfortunately a reproduction. These came onto the market quite a few years ago now. The use of the "Walther" banner logo is the tell tale sign. Why anyone should put the gun makers trade mark on a buckle is very odd. The design of the buckle is based upon a very rare "Prototype SS Officers belt buckle". Some collectors even question the pre 1945 exsistance of these.
      Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Yuri and Adrian,

Thank you very much for your help. I suppose the fact that I didn't find ANY information on this buckle should have been the first clue. However, I count myself fortunate to have become enlightened to the wide array of collectible military items. What a fascinating and historical endeavor!

Again, thanks,

Buzz

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X