Opinion on SS buckle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion on SS buckle

Would be curious as to the authenticity of this buckle as I don't know anything about SS buckles. Thanks.
    Attached Files

back...
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Comment

agree with phil bad buckle

Comment

Indeed : 100 %

Ric

Comment

sorry,diamond lozenge fake.

Comment

Thanks guys! It was coming up at local auction so glad I was steered clear.

Comment

Its the guy who made thems initials (OLT)and his phone number ....and was made for movies in the 60s or 70s. There never was a s 62637 and lived in england ...I think london...there never was an ss in a diamond insignia on its side i think, and they make great wearers. Maybe worth 25 to 40. as a collectors item, cant recall the english guys name. Came in green plain and not sure...I know a guy who knows or knew him that had them made. I got one for a wearer, and they go great with a repro belt hahaha. (i laughed but im serious) But not worth any more than that. Not just a repro. but a part of inventory made for movies or a movie ...I cant recall what the movie was he used them for ..anybody help me on this ?

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
                    Its the guy who made thems initials (OLT)and his phone number ...., cant recall the english guys name.
                    Tony Oliver

Comment

This one was for a very realistic movie ... could be for "Band of brothers"

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=19445
                      Jean Pierre Redeuilh
                      All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

I wasnt kidding, mr oliver had these made at a regular manufacturer for one of the 60s or 70s movies, if i could get hold of my friend he would know what the movie was and who the manufacturer was who made these. seems it was black ,green, and possibly silver they were made in...as far as colors(mine was green). The fronts are not good detail and easily spotted. But werent made to originally be sold as originals, but for props to be worn in the movie. Thats what i was told, as my acquaintance is a buckle collector and knows tony, or did...not sure if hes still around. Someday someone will know the movie name , may have been a bridge too far.(you obviously think im fooling you.)Whats the old saying...."all men are liars except you and me,....and some times i have my doubts about you"hahahah. ahem...O....K.

Comment

Very interesting topic and information. I have a buckle that is marked exactly the same, only the belt catch is slightly different. I bought it as an original when I was a kid in the late 70's or early 80's. I fugured out it was a fake years ago, but have always wondered of its origin. If you happen to find out what movie these were used in, please update this post. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
                            I wasnt kidding, mr oliver had these made at a regular manufacturer for one of the 60s or 70s movies, if i could get hold of my friend he would know what the movie was and who the manufacturer was who made these. seems it was black ,green, and possibly silver they were made in...as far as colors(mine was green). The fronts are not good detail and easily spotted. But werent made to originally be sold as originals, but for props to be worn in the movie. Thats what i was told, as my acquaintance is a buckle collector and knows tony, or did...not sure if hes still around. Someday someone will know the movie name , may have been a bridge too far.(you obviously think im fooling you.)Whats the old saying...."all men are liars except you and me,....and some times i have my doubts about you"hahahah. ahem...O....K.
                            The "movie" purpose is very a long story, the kind of story which has been said so often that mass ends up by believing it as the "truth". And also a very convenient way to become innocent when truth is starting to hurts ...
                            As far as I am concerned, there was never any evidence those buckles were ever made to do not fool collectors. If they were, certainly one could explain why they are still made at the current moment, improved, modified and re-sold to well know companies dealing with high end forgeries, guys not having their head office in hollywood,
                            But please do not read me wrong: I was not jocking about what you said since it is just, indeed, the very common conscensus. The reason of my input was to illustrate that those "OLT" were not all very easy to spot fakes. Usually when the word "movie" is introduced, most understand "easy to spot". I was just trying to show it is not always that simple ...
                            Jean Pierre Redeuilh
                            All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X