DAK Heer Buckle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAK Heer Buckle

As requested byt a few forum members, here are some closeupsof the DAK buckle recently found. I think it reads "H.A. 41" but it's hard to tell, I need to clean it up a bit more, it's in good shape just needs a good cleaning.

Fritz
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Fritziii View Post
            As requested byt a few forum members, here are some closeupsof the DAK buckle recently found. I think it reads "H.A. 41" but it's hard to tell, I need to clean it up a bit more, it's in good shape just needs a good cleaning.

Fritz
            Hello Fritz,

thanks for posting this nice buckle, just my suggestion : leave it as found.

Best

Ric

Comment

Thanks Ric! I just want to clean some of the rust up abit, nothing drastic just want to help it along per sei.

Fritz
              Last edited by Fritziii; 07-04-2009, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Hi Fritz,
                I agree in essence with what's been said, but there is a difference between preservation and restoration. The rust already present will attract more moisture, and continue the process. I believe that for the items long term integrity, a gentle cleaning would be beneficial.
                Just my thoughts - Wonderful Buckle
                Best Regards and THANK YOU for sharing,
                Mark

Comment

Thanks Mark! I'l see if I can get a better pic of the mfg. As for cleaning I'll probably just take a soft toothbrush to clean it. Any suggestions?

Fritz

Comment

Originally posted by NZMark View Post
                    ......The rust already present will attract more moisture, and continue the process. I believe that for the items long term integrity, a gentle cleaning would be beneficial....

Mark
                    Mark,

in order to prevent such process, I do usually apply a drop of vaseline : of course that's only my way...

Best

Ric

Comment

Ric, I'll try that. Hopefully I can get a real nice shot of the mfg also once I brush it a bit, I'm pretty sure it's H.A. but the H is very faint.

Fritz

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X