Belt Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belt Question

A friend at work gave me several buckles his father had brought back from WWII. While I don't question any of the buckles, I don't know anything about belts. One of the Heer buckles was complete with the belt. It may be perfectly okay, but somehow it looks too good to be 70 years old. Anyway I thought maybe you guys could help me out as this is somewhat out of my league. The only marking is the size.
    Attached Files
    Ignored Due To Invisibility.

The inside,
    Attached Files

Comment

The belthook.
      Attached Files

Comment

The Buckle,
        Attached Files

Comment

Larry what you have here is a 2 peice heer parade buckle with belt which looks in unissued minty condition, yes the belt is genuine later war type imo.....Regards Scott.

Comment

Thanks for the info, Scott.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Lipps View Post
              Thanks for the info, Scott.
              Larry no problem, you have a lovely conditioned set there........Regards Scott.

Comment

Gentlemen. I have to say I do not like the stitching on the inside of this belt. The Germans had a habit of stamping the size into the leather at the end of the belt, NOT ink stamping it.
                I am no expert on belts and this MAY be authentic but 2 red flags for me.
                The German regulations call for the belt to be stitched and then the stitching to be hand hammered flat. Stitching as shown would not pass any inspector as it would IMMEDTATELY wear off and be destroyed.
                A belt with this type of belt hook end is listed in German catalogs as the cheaper model. This may account for the other abnormalities... I don't know.
                Describing it as late war does not justify such inferior construction. No other late war item I can think of in the leather line I have seen shows such shoddy craftsmanship.

Jerry Burney

Comment

Jerry these belts werent used for combat only used for parades & light duties & i believe there genuine period belts as i,ve owned a few but not in this minty condition, everybody has there own thoughts on this stuff so no worries here my friend.....Regards Scott.

Comment

A friend at work gave me several buckles ...Well, you can't beat the price! One must not look a gift horse too closely in the mouth..

Jerry Burney

Comment

Having the nice aluminum lightweight buckle, I would also subscribe to the parade belt theory.

More often as Jerry mentioned you see these "cheaper" belts used by para-military and HJ as it is not going to stand up to combat conditions.
                      http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X