X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

nice !

David , what's the material ? steel ? nickel ?

thanks for the info

best
      Emmanuel

Comment

Hi all,

Just to get this wonderful thread back on track, i.e. black/silver and/or silver/black DJ buckles, I think I remember having seen a two piece black/silver with the rune attached with prongs (Jürgen Bandau collection). Who might have that one now I wonder.

Isn't it infuriating that we nothing about these buckles at all?

On a personal aside, I think I see three former lodgers on page one of the thread, and I find it rather gratifying to find them obviously cherished!

Best regards,
        Karl

Comment

i dont pretend to understand whats going on in this thread between members and to be honest i dont want to know, all i do know is that they are stunning buckles chad has shown and i would love to own one of these buckles
          stu

Comment

Originally posted by stuart anstee View Post
            i dont pretend to understand whats going on in this thread between members and to be honest i dont want to know, all i do know is that they are stunning buckles chad has shown and i would love to own one of these buckles
            stu
            I agree with you. Perhaps the non-related stuff could be removed and get this thread back on track. I'd really like to hear, see and learn more about these buckles! Very interesting material!! any pictures of these being worn??
            Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Dave
              yes there are pictures of them in wear.. Wickie has an amazing picture of a group of boys , in which 2-3 boys are wearing black DJ! I will post a link to the thread

Comment

here is the link
                http://70.87.163.50/forums/showthread.php?t=155462

Wickie has some amazing photos!!!
                Chad

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Cameron View Post
                  I agree with you. Perhaps the non-related stuff could be removed and get this thread back on track. I'd really like to hear, see and learn more about these buckles! Very interesting material!! any pictures of these being worn??

Absolutely agree !

Ric

Comment

does anyone have any more to post (even if design is already shown) ?
                    thanks..Chad

Comment

Chad, thanks for posting the link to that amazing photo! Now I only wish I had one of these rare specimens to share!

Ric, glad you agreed to clear up this thread, thanks!
                      Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

thats a great pic you cant beat a period pic like that to authenticate a piece , maybe someone can shed some light here before these pics what where peoples opinions of these buckles have they allways been accepted as good or have they had their doubters and been considered painted post war etc
                        stu

Comment

A "grey" DJ.

Regards,

David
                          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

David
                              the "grey DJ" is that black traces I see around the rune, once a black ?
                              thanks for posting, and look forward to your response..Chad

Comment

Chad

I am absolutely sure that originally, the obverse of this buckle was much "darker" than now. As you say, darker traces around the edges of the Sig Rune. The puzzle (to myself at least) is that the colour is chemical and not paint.

Regards,

David

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Today.

Working...
                                X