Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting Stahlhelm member's Buckle

Hi All,

I bought a nice grouping of stuff last night and this interesting Stahlhelm member's buckle was in it. I have never seen one like this it is dated 1924 believe is says Landsturm? Was this the state?

Enjoy!

Bill Rannow
    Mpls, MN

Hello I've never seen this style before. I don't think it's in any of the books. Kirby

Comment

Bill

An interesting "final pattern "Stahlhelmbund buckle and possibly, a commemorative edition.

I think that the Landsturm had their origins from the early part of the nineteenth century, as a territorial or reserve military force that was only called upon during times of war.

The Stahlhelmbund underwent a radical reorganisation in 1924 and I assume that all the individual veteran groups to include those associated with Landsturm and/or Langemarck, were fully absorbed.

The final pattern Stahlhelmbund buckle was probably produced around 1926 and possibly, some bright spark buckle manufacturer, thought that there was a good potential sales market to the large number of former Landsturm veterans.

Just my opinion.

Regards,

David
      Attached Files

Comment

Bill,

A very interesting buckle as David points out. First of these I have ever seen. I have posted another Stahlhelm vets Officers buckle which is the only one I have ever come across. I believe the letters at the top are HKU but if anyone has another opinoion I would appreciate their input.

Bill

Comment

Photo 2
          Attached Files

Comment

Photo 2 (other one was miss #ed)
            Attached Files

Comment

Bill - a super and quite special "leaders" buckle and I wonder if this was originally manufactured with the intention as being a roundel, to be affixed to a brass box ?

Back to the box buckles.

A difference in the styles of eagles !

Regards,

David
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi David and All,

I looks like in these 3 pics my buckle and the 3rd one look like the same eagle.

Comment

Bill B. - Super Stahlhelm buckle and great find.

Bill X - another gem you have hiding in your collection.

David - interesting point you make. If this were the case, one would assume this was meant to reduce costs from a molding perspective? On the other hand, I don't think I have seen quite the helmet produced for the enlisted Stahlhelm with the chin strap slung low.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X