Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS EM/NCO'S BELT BUCKLE and OFFICER'S LEATHER BELT & BELT BUCKLE

Hi guys!

I have these two belts - SS EM/NCO'S BELT BUCKLE and OFFICER'S LEATHER BELT & BELT BUCKLE. I think that EM/NCO'S BUCKLE is original , the officers,s buckle too.... but leather belt - I think not original. Please opinion.

Feel free to comment

cheers Ullrich!

The EM is an original late war Overhoff IMO, I cannot comment on the Officer buckle (I never collected them)

Comment

The officer buckle is original as well. Regarding the belt, only the owner could (maybe) say. If the remaining wool backing is black and original to the belt, it was probably a SS dress belt. But since the leather tonge is missing (where RZM / SS marking is usually stamped) you will never know for sure. But, as previousely said, if backing is black and original to the belt, odds are in favor of SS. Since loops/slides were often changed or modified I will not pay too much attention to them even if they are not matching.
      Jean Pierre Redeuilh
      All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Pierre Redeuilh View Post
        The officer buckle is original as well. Regarding the belt, only the owner could (maybe) say. If the remaining wool backing is black and original to the belt, it was probably a SS dress belt. But since the leather tonge is missing (where RZM / SS marking is usually stamped) you will never know for sure. But, as previousely said, if backing is black and original to the belt, odds are in favor of SS. Since loops/slides were often changed or modified I will not pay too much attention to them even if they are not matching.

The remaining wool backing is black and It look like original of belt. There isn't RZM / SS marking. The small leather [for clasping buckle] is made from another leather than belt-"hard"leather in comparison for belt leather. Maybe it was made postwar-I don't know! Here is more fotos...
        Now,what You think about that?

Comment

It was already obvious by the first set of photos the belt was reworked. But a lot of those belts were before 1945. The value is of course not the same but still very interesting from an historical point of view. I cannot say if modification was made pre or post 1945 but at least the base was most likely an SS dress belt if the black backing is original to the belt. Other than that, everything else (tongue, slide(s), keeper) is not from the original belt.
          Last edited by Jean Pierre Redeuilh; 01-13-2009, 08:57 PM.
          Jean Pierre Redeuilh
          All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X