EpicArtifacts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What group was this buckle for, and is it any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What group was this buckle for, and is it any good?

Hey fellas,
    Please pardon my ignorance, but I usually only deal with daggers and certain kreigsmarine items. My knowledge about belts and buckles is pretty slim, especially if it's not something overly common. Is it a justice officials? This one was just offered to me, but I dont know anything about it, if its a repro, or what a fair offer would be on it. Any advice/opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Josh
    Attached Files

other views

a
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Josh B. View Post
      Hey fellas,
      Please pardon my ignorance, but I usually only deal with daggers and certain kreigsmarine items. My knowledge about belts and buckles is pretty slim, especially if it's not something overly common. Is it a justice officials? This one was just offered to me, but I dont know anything about it, if its a repro, or what a fair offer would be on it. Any advice/opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
      Josh
      Hello Josh,

I suggest to pass on that one : it's not original

The main give away sign is the eagle fixed by a washer, you will never see an original one manufactured that way.

Best

Ric

Comment

Thanks Ric. I'm assuming since no one else said anything that everyone agrees. They guy said he had it "authenticated", and wanted 150 for it.

Comment

Hello Josh,

As Ric has rightly pointed out this buckle is reproduction. It would be best to pass on this one for an original. By the way, had it been original it would be minimally twice the cost.

Comment

Hello Here's a couple of originals. I had the top one estand a few months ago. I didn't get any interest a $225. Kirby
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Kirby,

While yours is an original Justice buckle the difference between yours and the one Josh showed is quickly ascertained by looking at the wings and one other significant feature, your eagle looks to the right while Josh's looks the left.

Not sure if they were attempting a Forestry or Diplo buckle with the one Josh showed.

Comment

Thanks everyone, especially for the pics and the additional information. I'm still learning- this has been great.
                  Best,
                  Josh

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X