digging for gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

digging for gold

Check out these interesting finds, particularly the first one (not my finds, unfortunately):
    http://www.detektorweb.cz/index.4me?...mm=3&xb=1&vd=1

Sweet finds, I would love to go hunting like this one day.

Comment

or this..

Four months old find at field on south Czech Rep. After first and second dig - together 163 pieces buckles and 94 pieces dog tags. All only RAD.

Comment

This is grave robbing of the first order! Under each belt buckle you steal from a fallen Soldier is his body. This dispicable practice is frowned apon in civialized countries and illegal in most. Have you no shame? It's obvious you have NEVER been a Soldier and fought for your country. Truly you are desecrating the graves of Honorable men who fell in battle. For what? The few dollars you will sell these items for?
        There were times in the past where criminal looting of this nature would earn you a spot in the same grave.

Jerry Burney
        Last edited by Jerry Burney; 10-30-2008, 03:32 PM.

Comment

grave robbing

It looks more like this stuff was dumped at the end of the war. There doesn't appear to be any bones. If there were, then that would be a different story. There were many Czech manufacturers of German gear and once the Russians rolled in, they probably were not too keen to have it lying about in their homes, shops or warehouses. The lakes, woods and fields in eastern Europe are groaning under the weight of cast-off German gear --- who would risk years in a Soviet gulag? I have also read stories of many SS soldiers dumping their uniforms and donning more innocuous army gear (even wearing concentration camp togs) before capture --- Himmler, for one.
          I am also curious to know the accepted cut-off point when grave robbing becomes archaeology --- think of all the mummies parked in museums to be ogled at by the hoi polloi.
          Anyway, this debate has sparked much ire in other posts so I will end here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Burney View Post
            This is grave robbing of the first order! Under each belt buckle you steal from a fallen Soldier is his body. This dispicable practice is frowned apon in civialized countries and illegal in most. Have you no shame? It's obvious you have NEVER been a Soldier and fought for your country. Truly you are desecrating the graves of Honarable men who fell in battle. For what? The few dollars you will sell these items for?
            There were times in the past where criminal looting of this nature would earn you a spot in the same grave.

Jerry Burney

Hey! are you mentally healthy????? Grave robbing? And where you see bones? And somewhat small pit for 163 dead, no?
            Territory Czech R. wasn't easter front! On CR are as this time finds graves absolutely rare! All findings skeletons are immadiately reported on offiices.
            And.. **** you dollars and stupid people type Jerry !

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Burney View Post
              This is grave robbing of the first order! Truly you are desecrating the graves of Honorable men who fell in battle.

Jerry Burney

This is some kind of paranoia

All this stuff was found in a dump pit, near a RAD Lager

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X