The SRM Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The SRM Question

Hi guys, for a long time now I have been trying to solve who made the buckle marked SRM (see pics)
    Attached Files

Tab markings
    Attached Files

Comment

Well this beauty came into my possession and has answered a long time question the maker is in fact SRM - SchmiedeburgRsgb Mettalwarrenfabrik. I have asked on quite a few forums trying to find the maker of this buckle, well now we have the answer. however it does open up another question, why did they stop using the full title of their company and use SRM on the tab? Anyone any thoughts?
      Attached Files

Comment

Rear
        Attached Files

Comment

Tab
          Attached Files

Comment

Makers
            Attached Files

Comment

That's great ..really I'm surprised..

Now we know it..Great work

Schmiedeberg is a village in the Sudeten Mountains in the province Niederschlesien. today it belongs to the Area of Poland.

Thanks for showing Ben..

Comment

Ingo, I know what you mean mate, I nearly fell of my chair when I saw it

Comment

Great research job, Ben : thanks for sharing the result

Best

Ric

Comment

Hello Ben!

A very nice find and another name in our makers list!

But we have to find a new Heer buckle mystery now, that has to be solved!

Regards,
                    Guido

Comment

Originally posted by regiment739 View Post
                      Well this beauty came into my possession and has answered a long time question the maker is in fact SRM - SchmiedeburgRsgb Mettalwarrenfabrik. I have asked on quite a few forums trying to find the maker of this buckle, well now we have the answer. however it does open up another question, why did they stop using the full title of their company and use SRM on the tab? Anyone any thoughts?

Fully realize this is an old post but wanted to finish with some further information.
                      When you look at the tab, "Metallwarenfabrik Schmiedeburg i/Rsgb" the "i/Rsgb" stands for "Schmiedeburg im Riesengebirge" which during the TR occupation was the German name for the city of what is now Kowary, Poland. Interesting enough, Schmiedeburg is now spelled Schmiedeberg - I believe this must have occurred sometime postwar.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Today.

Working...
                      X