Opinions On This Buckle Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions On This Buckle Please

Would really like to get your opinions on this buckle.

All help appreciated.

RonR

RonR

Comment

Ron, the buckle is a fake

Comment

Regiment739.....could you please be a bit more precise in your evaluation of this buckle? It is mine, and I would appreciate not only your opinion but your reasons. Thanks, Mike

Comment

Have a look at this thread http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...rg+todt+buckle this is genuine one, if you cannot see the differences let me know and I will show you

Comment

Mijke, sent you a pm

Comment

Hello,

Ben is right, the OT buckle is a well known repro surfacing the market since years.

Best

Ric

Comment

Wait a minute guys. If the photos on the other site you referenced is considered a good buckle and the current one is bad, you have the whole scenario backwards. I am not going to get into details but I can say that the logo on the buckle on the other site is TOTALLY wrong for a legitimate OT buckle. Maybe some of the other guys would like to comment on this as well. I am really surprised that the other one got by as original. From what I can see from Ron's buckle I have to say it is a a good one.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by buckle1 View Post
                  Wait a minute guys. If the photos on the other site you referenced is considered a good buckle and the current one is bad, you have the whole scenario backwards. I am not going to get into details but I can say that the logo on the buckle on the other site is TOTALLY wrong for a legitimate OT buckle. Maybe some of the other guys would like to comment on this as well. I am really surprised that the other one got by as original. From what I can see from Ron's buckle I have to say it is a a good one.

Bill

Bill,

the fake buckle posted to start this thread is a very well made repro, so I'm not surprised if many collectors still consider it as original.
                  If you closely look at the original one by Ben's link, you will notice the eagle design is slightly different....to say the main difference.

Regards

Ric

Comment

Hello I'll have to search for the thread but David North posted a side by side close up comparison of real VS repo. When you find it you'll see the differences. Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by klr View Post
                      Hello I'll have to search for the thread but David North posted a side by side close up comparison of real VS repo. When you find it you'll see the differences. Kirby
                      I searched for that same thread but could not find it

Comment

The OT thread:-

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=221947

Regards,

David

Comment

Originally posted by David North View Post

Thanks, David.

Regards

Ric

Comment

OK, Have been out of the TR buckles too long. I see the differences in the photos David posted. I always looked at the logo as a means of determining originality. Ron's buckle looked good from what I could see of the logo. With that said I would refer everyone to Marc's response about alerting the faker's to the areas they need to improve upon. I think we shoot ourselves in the foot everytime we post responses that tell what is wrong with a buckle to show it is not original. Maybe just sending PM's to the requestor would work better but then everyone on the forum would not benefit, but neither would the fakers. Just a thought.

Bill

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X