Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front Heil Officer

Happy New year to all 2008!!!

This is my first post here, I would like to ask could anyone tell me did the Stahlhelmbund / Front Heil have Officers Belt Buckles (Round) not square.

Could you please post any photos if possible. And how rare is this as I have not seen any on the Net.

I don't think this organization had these round officer buckles. I say this because I have never seen any such type of buckle in my years of collecting. That being said - I'd love to be proved wrong and see such an example; but I doubt these existed.
    Cheers!

Rob

Comment

Front Heil Officer

Originally posted by lach470 View Post
      I don't think this organization had these round officer buckles. I say this because I have never seen any such type of buckle in my years of collecting. That being said - I'd love to be proved wrong and see such an example; but I doubt these existed.
      Cheers!

Rob

Thanks, I have been collecting for 33 years now, As you know it is not often found this Grail you search for.

A friend in Germany tells me,I asked him the same question I put here.

Did the Stahlhelm have any Officers Belt Buckles, Here is his reply to me.

*Great question ... I saw examples over the years but do not have any photos. It was similar to the typical fire police buckle from the various states with what is similar to a Stahlhelm button inset.

Rob Thanks for your kind reply to my question.

Comment

Hello!

I bought recently a round Stahlhelmbund buckle. I'm not sure if it is an officer/leader buckle or maybe a manufacturers variant.

There is also a round Stahlhelmbund buckle shown in the Assmann catalog, but without the "Front Heil".

Christian

Comment

Hi Christian ..... Could you please post pics! I'd love to see it.

Cheers!

Rob

Comment

I can't post pics Rob. I will ask David if he post it for me...

Comment

Originally posted by Wickie View Post
              I can't post pics Rob. I will ask David if he post it for me...

Christian,

if you wish, feel free to send them to :

b.collector@yahoo.com

Ric

Comment

Hello!

I bought recently a round Stahlhelmbund buckle. I'm not sure if it is an officer/leader buckle or maybe a manufacturers variant.

There is also a round Stahlhelmbund buckle shown in the Assmann catalog, but without the "Front Heil".

Christian
                Here's Christian's buckle

Ric
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello!

Christian
                  Christian's buckle by back side
                  Attached Files

Comment

It is nice to see the buckle Christian has. Makes me believe that the buckle actually exiists. It is pictured in a catalog photo as mentioned-somewhat different from the one Christian has. There are a ton of these buckles on German ebay now. They are all bad. I purchased one last year- the backing plate was glued on to the front plate. Fortunately the seller allowed me to return it for a full refund.
                    This buckle is very rare. and it is nice to see a genuine one. thanks Christian.

Bill

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X