Help with strange buckle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with strange buckle

Hi all, I have been looking into this buckle that I have. In the past I have always like the buckle, a nice original two piece but I do not like the tab or stitching ( I know the tab should not be there anyway) nor have I ever heard of the maker, Carl Borg. After digging around I have actualy found out there was a metal worker with the name Carl Borg

Vereinigte Deutsche Metallwerke AG (VDM), Zweigniederlassung Carl Borg Messinghalbfabrikate, Werdohl, subsequently renamed VDM-Halbzeugwerke GmbH

Has anyone seen any of these for sale anywhere in big numbers or quite a few of them? Or does anyone have any info on this maker and what he actually produced. It seems pointless putting a fake tab on an original buckle if anyone has any more info it would be interesting for myself

PS In Old German would they have spelt Carl like that or with a K (Karl)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by regiment739; 12-26-2007, 03:39 PM.

Rear
    Attached Files

Comment

Tab
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Ben,

IMO the tab is a fake. I do not know if that maker has existed or not, but I do not like the maker stamp at all.
        Leather does not show age (I did not speak about wear or use but age!).
        The look and the depth are not convincing.

Comment

I agree with Simon's comments. A fake tab on a very nice parade buckle. As far as I know leather tabs were not attached to parade buckles.

Bill

Comment

Ben,

I have to agree with Simon and Bill on there views. Definitely not something I would be comfortable with.

Comment

Many thanks guys, I know about the tab, I will keep it on for info, its doing no harm sat in my boxes, if in future I can always remove it

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X