Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Belt ?

Hello:
    I would like to know if this belt is SS original, but I do not manage to distinguish the markers logo, they are the best photos that I could have done.
    You can help me?

Thanks

Iván

Looks like a good original German combat belt, build after 1940 (Steel belt-hook) )

But why do you think, it is a SS-Belt?

Comment

Thanks musketeer:

When I bought the belt, I did it together with a SS 822/38 buckle, only I wanted to know if both were matching and if it was possible to verify it with this logo of the manufacturer.

Iván

Comment

Originally posted by ivanjoaquin View Post
        Thanks musketeer:

When I bought the belt, I did it together with a SS 822/38 buckle, only I wanted to know if both were matching and if it was possible to verify it with this logo of the manufacturer.

Iván
        It is NOT matching a 822/38 SS buckle if we are talking about issue period (1938). But it could have been set together (for SS distribution) during the very last years of the war (SS buckle fitted on whatever available leather belt) since leatherbelts were in great shortage. This you will never be sure since this leather belt never been issue for the SS to begin with.
        Jean Pierre Redeuilh
        All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

I believe the stamping WERKSHUTZ is a control marking for the organization of private company guards.

No SS buckle per our wise moderatator. There was however in Austrian
          SS-HEIMATSCHUTZ - a friend's dad brought home after the war a M18 type black SS helm with with this stamping inside.

Comment

[QUOTE][WERKSHUTZ/QUOTE] ie WERKSCHUTZ that had been a private orgnisation..they never weared combat belts..

The stamp on the belt could also be Werns Linz , or Wernscheid...

The best is, to fill the stamp with baby-powder and than blow or brush it carefully away..that rest what remains should be enough to read the letters better than now.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X