Small HJ or SA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small HJ or SA

Hi guys, posting this on behalf of Gerolf who's English is not to good, small buckle size 3,7 x 5,4 cm with a high eagle, your comments would be most appreciated

Ben
    Attached Files

Rear
    Attached Files

Comment

Rear 1
      Attached Files

Comment

Ben

An original buckle of course, however I assume that your chum and yourself never had any doubts about that.

These 35mm "SA" buckles are quite intriguing.

They appear now to be categorised as NSDAP-Jugend, however, I wonder ?

There are so many designs that mirror, imitate or copy the SA-Koppelschloss, that perhaps, the question should now be raised as to why in theory a single entity youth organisation, should embrace, endorse and wear so many strange variants.

Perhaps instead, an organisational buckle with an appropriate strap, for quite simply keeping an "off duty" SA members trousers up.

Regards,

David

Comment

Hi David, many thanks for the kind reply, I am sure you will have answered Gerolfs question, personally I do not collect these buckles but they are quite intruging when you delve into the depths of them

Ben

Comment

Hello I like the style of the eagle. It's interesting that this is a stamped buckle. I have five of these and they are all two peice construction. Kirby

Comment

Hi Kirby! I agree with your suprise at the one piece construction. I have three of these and they are also all two piece construction. Not that there is anything wrong with the above shown buckle. Just nice to see a "one piecer".

Cheers!
              Rob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X