Unknown Makers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown Makers

Hi guys, I have come across two maker marks that I do not know, one I have mentioned before which is SRM and the other is a maker named K&N does anyone know who these makers are and if so has anyone got any of these makers that could post some pics. I nearly bought a SRM buckle not long back but got pipped at the post for it any help would be great

Thanks

Ben

Hi Ben K & N may be M5/51 Kürbi & Niggeloh, Radevormwald SRM...you know....we're looking for..

Comment

Hi Ingo, thanks for that mate it would be nice to find one with a tab on

Ben

Comment

Hi guys
        I just went throught he M1- M9 codes and I cant find any matches..the only thing even remotely close was M9/122 Stempel-Reich , Breslau.... it is a (remote possibility ) Stempel - Reich - Mettalwarrenfabrik "SRM" just a left field guess..untill someone find a tabbed buckle or a period advertisement we will be guessing.. Chad

Comment

Many thanks Chad, I have trawled the M codes myself, I think either someone will know or one day one will turn up with a tab on, then we will know

Ben

Comment

Sorry guys, but a tabbed SRM buckle helps not really!

This buckle was sold once in an auction (not to me).

Best regards,

Guido
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Guido, thanks for the e-mail mate like I said, shame about that tab but it does give me hope

Ben

Comment

Hi Guido, do you have a backside picture of this buckle? I mean..if the backside looks like a Dransfeld or similar..than the third letter "M" could be standing for the town Menden.

Comment

Ingo, on behalf of Guido he e-mailed the pics to me, here is the backside courtesy of Guido
                  Attached Files

Comment

Another one courtesy of Guido

Ben
                    Attached Files

Comment

Rear
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by regiment739 View Post
                        Ingo, on behalf of Guido he e-mailed the pics to me, here is the backside courtesy of Guido
                        You are welcome, Ben!

But please don't misunderstand me! These images don't show my own buckles. I have "found" these images once in the www. I hope that I don't have violated someones rights.

Ingo, obviously the SRM buckle is not out of Menden. We have to continue searching.

Best regards,
                        Guido
                        Last edited by Guido L.; 11-01-2007, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X