Hermann Aurich HJ buckle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hermann Aurich HJ buckle

Here's my newest HJ and I thought I'd throw some pics on here for you guys to check out. It's got a neat variant type of catch. Most of my variant catch buckles are from Assmann....This one is M4/42 marked for H. Aurich... Chad: was this type of catch typical to only this Manufacturer?

In any case....I like it. I think it's in good shape and I like the belt catch.
    Thanks for any and all information and observations you can add to this thread!
    Cheers!

Rob

Rob
    nice buckle... I only know of this manufacturer making this buckle... I have 2 different variations of this buckle, one like you posess which the makers mark is in the bottom of the diamond ont he reverse..and another where the makers mark is on the lip of the buckle in the normal marking position... I also posess a fake of this buckle which is stamped A A&S RZM 17 which is stamped under the prong bar.. It is dark here, so I will post pics of the second variation and the repro tomorrow..Chad

Comment

Hey Chad...Thanks for that confirmation! I look forward to seeing pics of your examples! Cheers!

Rob

Comment

Nice rare buckle Rob!
        www.lakesidetrader.com

sigpic

Comment

Hey Paul! Glad you like it buddy...a nice variant catch to add to the collection!
          Cheers!

Rob

Comment

this buckle is identical to the buckle Rob posted with the exception of the makers mark and is placement.. The variation which I come across the most is Robs which is marked in the bottom of the diamond on the revese of the buckle. I have only ever come across one like I am posting here which is marked in the normal area on the tongue of the buckle.
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

makers mark
                Attached Files

Comment

here are pics of a FAKE buckle which has the crank catch as well, the markings are all bad... as well as the bend of the ears and the bend of the sides of the buckle show bad signs as well, when compared against an original the difference in the workmanship is noticeable. On the reproduction you can see scrapes on the ides of the buckle caused form the folding process..these scrapes would have not met the quality control of an original era buckle... the mark reads "A A&S RZM 17" this mark is a first series RZM mark for F W Assmann and was long out of use by the time painted steel buckles were in production... I have seen this mark in the same position on other painted steel repro buckles as well, probably being manufactured by the same reproduction firm...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the pics Chad! Nice to see and much appreciated!

Cheers!

Rob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X