Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LW Belt Buckles

List,

I purchased 2 LW belt buckles yesterday and both have the leather pull tabs on them. First buckle is the steel version in LW blue and the leather is fine. The problem I have is with the second one. It is the aluminum version but the leather is a little stiff. What can I do to re-condition the leather or should I leave it? I was wiping the leather down with a damp cloth and the thread came apart on me. I hope I didn't screw it up too much.

If members are interested, I can post images of both.

Some info on each buckle:

The aluminum is not marked and the pebbling is in fine condition with a little wear on the high spots. The leather is stamped with a 1938 in an oval. The manufacture stamp is not visible at the top and all I can make out on the bottom is SCHEID. There is more lettering before the SCHEID, but I can't make it out. I know this is pretty vague, but does anyone have any ideas who the maker could be?

The steel buckle is marked Assman on the reverse side in the "dome" section under the left wing as you're looking at the back side. Leather is still in pliable condition and the thread is strong. Leather is stamped H. Aurich Dresden 1940in a shield pattern.

Both buckles are in good condition with the breast on the eagles being "smoothed" due to wear.

I paid $190 for the pair.

Bmac

IMHO I would leave the leather alone, treating it with almost anything will darken the leather permanently...

$190....is no deal/steal but a fair price I think

Comment

Post pics when you can and leave the leather alone!
      WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Price seems very good, can you post pics please?

Ben

Comment

Really nice originals. The tab on the aluminum buckle has lost its stitching but it's still a nice piece. Don't do anything to the leather, it looks fine.
          WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Gentlemen,

Thank you for your responses.

Bmac

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X