Silver SA Buckle - Original?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silver SA Buckle - Original?

I have been collecting for 34 years and have only once acquired a chrome-plated SA buckle. I have had this exmaple for years and want to know if it was originally plated, plated by the soldier or plated after the war. What have I got here? All opinions are welcome. Thanks in advance!

Barry
    Attached Files

Photo 2
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

an original white metal SA by Overhoff.

Regards

Heiko

Comment

Your buckle is a wonderful original, that´s my opinion.

Regards,

Sascha

Comment

Hello,

I echo fellows comment : you own a nice original buckle by brass nickel plated.

Best

Ric

Comment

I had always heard that the chrome plated SA buckles were originally used by the NSKK.
            Richard V

Comment

Richard

There is a high number of collectors and including myself, who prefer and choose to ignore the reference books, that state that these "white" metal buckles are NSKK. To my knowledge, there is no period reference whatsoever to support the statement that they were worn exclusively by members of the NSKK. Instead and in my opinion, they are SA buckles, purchased and worn by those whose SA uniforms had "white metal" fittings and accessories.

A super buckle that has been shown.

I am always a little nervous to associate a specific maker to a specific SA design, although I totally agree with Heiko that this buckle was more than likely, manufactured by Overhoff & Cie.

Attached are images of the same style of buckle and which display RZM markings for Overhoff & Cie.

Regards,

David
              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi David! Man, great buckles...I am especially fond of the example with the RZM stamps on the prongs...how cool is that! I agree with you regarding the NSKK statement. Just like they had either gold or silver open claw buckles, I think the same was done with these box buckles - depended on wether or not they had silver or gold buttons....Now here's another SA related question though - could the silver or gold denote rank? (gold being higher than silver???)

Talk to you soon!
                          Rob

Comment

Rob

Although it is an interesting suggestion or theory that you have proposed, I for one have never correlated the "gold" and "silver" SA box buckle to a rank.

A buckle by colour, being in simpatico to the certain aspects of the wearers uniform - as simple as that !

Regards,

David

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X