Tropical belt on estand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tropical belt on estand

guys, I do not collect usually belts etc, I need a feedback on the belt and buckle appeared on the estand. Thanks in advance
    Edgar
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

last one.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi
          No problems here, it is a lovely genuine set.
          And coming from Mark Gibson it is a total guarantee.
          Ace

Comment

Originally posted by texwiller View Post
            guys, I do not collect usually belts etc, I need a feedback on the belt and buckle appeared on the estand. Thanks in advance
            Edgar

Hello Edgar,

nothing wrong with the set, but the buckle is not for tropical use : just a standard Heer alu buckle.

Best

Ric

Comment

Originally posted by b.collector View Post
              Hello Edgar,
              nothing wrong with the set, but the buckle is not for tropical use : just a standard Heer alu buckle.
              Best

Ric
              No it isn't a buckle with webbing tongue and I wasn't going to put one on there to fool anybody (selling an examle seperately because that's how I found it). This is the buckle which was with the belt when I found it a few years ago, one of the very few local finds which I've ever had and I have no doubts that the pair have been together for a very long time.

Mark

Comment

Pardon, but the buckle looks like a 2- piece Heer buckle..could it be?

Comment

Originally posted by musketeer View Post
                  Pardon, but the buckle looks like a 2- piece Heer buckle..could it be?
                  Yes, it is a two piece. I've added a pic showing the attachment at the rear of the buckle.

Mark
                  Attached Files

Comment

Yes, the majority of tropical belts do come or should have buckles with webbing tongues but it isn't always the case. The centre belt shown in this pic was a vet acquired item souvenired in North Africa with a leather tongue and and no tongue for prongs of the buckle on the actual belt. The prongs from the buckle had over the years been placed directly through the belt and this was how the vet found it.
                    I personally prefer early green webbing belts with buckles that have the webbing tongue, which I actually look for and add to the collection when I can. Perhaps if Edgar wants a true Afrikakorps belt he might be best looking for an example the same as the bottom belt.

All the best

Mark
                    Attached Files

Comment

thanks for your help guys, I had no doubt about the autenticity here, but about the composition of the set. I want to buy a tropical belt and buckle and this is not exactly what I was looking for..
                      Regards,
                      Edgar

Comment

Both are Originals Items..no question, but a private purchased
                        buckle is no combat buckle and so you need for this buckle a lacquer-Leatherbelt.

Comment

m

nice belts there mark and i especially like that bottom 1

Comment

Originally posted by sscrooge View Post
                            nice belts there mark and i especially like that bottom 1
                            Thanks...the one at the bottom isn't actually the great example which I got from you. It's one of four complete green webbed belts which I've been lucky enough to add to the collection over the years.

Take care

Mark

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X