Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 HJ in Nickel, Steel and Aluminium.

Good evening folks,

Just thought I would show three HJ by Assmann that I added to my collection. If I'm incorrect in any of my descriptions please let me know.

First is an early nickel buckle. Second is steel with a grey wash of some sort and last but not least is one in aluminium.

Regards,
    Stu

9 pictures to follow.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Stu W; 07-28-2007, 01:10 AM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

9/9
                  Attached Files

Comment

Stu -

Three very nice Assmann HJ buckles with 3 different belt catch. Very nice!

Comment

HJ Buckles

Hi Stu,
                      Nice buckles.

Regards,
                      Jody

Comment

very nice additions to your collection! as previously mentioned, 3 different catch types... footed catch, crank catch and crimp catch..very nice.>Chad

Comment

A very nice trio

Ben

Comment

Stu

An excellent representation in relation to a trio of the ubiquitous "Fritz" Assmann, Hitler Jugend buckle.

This company was remarkably prolific in relation to the production of the common HJ-Koppelschloss, from the early days to the final days.

A word of warning though ! Collecting Assmann HJ's can become highly addictive, as I am sure Chad will confirm.

As an indication of what is potentially out there, here is a photo merge in relation to only some of the Assmann marks, found on nickle silver buckles having a "C" catch.

Regards,

David
                            Attached Files

Comment

As David said, a very prolific maker!! the nickel buckle which you have shown is probably the most common of all HJ nickel buckles..I would venture to say that at least 30% of all nickel buckles I inspect at shows are this very buckle!!! they must have made tons of them David thank you for posting the photo merge of the makers marks... let us not forget the UE marked Assman buckles .. the only other maker I can think of as prolific in youth buckles with regard to markings is Paulman & Crone (PUC).. they are another maker that you can make a whole collection based ont he variations of their manufacturing marks!! this is why I love collecting youth buckles..the sheer number of different makers and markings, and the fact that most are very reasonably priced .... Chad

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X