Postschutz in aluminium by Assmann !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Postschutz in aluminium by Assmann !!

These extremely interesting images are being posted on behalf of a fellow collector and forum member.

The forum is well aware of the ultra rare Postschutz buckle in aluminium by Sieper and images of the buckle are scattered throughout past threads and posts. Invariably, a green/grey in colour with the R S & S logo on the buckle lip and the Sieper diamond logo, underneath the pin shroud.

Here however is an aluminium Postschutz by Assmann !

Does anybody have any comments or dare I say, a similar example within their collection ?

Regards,

David
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Very nice indeed David, the first one by Assmann I have ever seen

Ben

Comment

Hi David!

A stunning piece in a very good condition!

Assmann in relation with aluminium Postschutz buckles is also new to me.

Best regards,
            Guido

Comment

I echo fellows comments : by the way the buckle posted appears with a silver gray finishing instead of the gray/green usually seen.

Thanks for sharing that nice buckle

Best

Ric

Comment

Not only a great Assmann example, but great condition to. The Postschutz certainly is a very appealing design.

Steve

Comment

Hello David,

Great looking buckle - one that I dearly have a soft spot for. Not being able to see this clearly from the photos but I was wondering if the buckle had an actual Assmann logo stamped on it and also if the prongs were typical Assmann?

Comment

Buckle

Hello David,
                    What a great Postal buckle, I still have to get me one of those (I will settle for an RS&S).

Regards,
                    Jody

Comment

Thanks a lot for posting the photos!

As already said, the buckle is different from the Sieper buckle. It was never painted green, instead of that it has a grey finish.

I would like to know if Aluminium Postschutz buckles by Assmann usually look like this or if it is an exceptional. But I was not able to find a second one.

Dan, the buckle itself is unmarked and no, the prongs are not what I would call Assmann prongs. But I have no doubts that the tab and the buckle belong together. I compared the stamping with an Assmann Neusilber buckle and it is the same.

Christian

Comment

Originally posted by Wickie View Post
                        Thanks a lot for posting the photos!

As already said, the buckle is different from the Sieper buckle. It was never painted green, instead of that it has a grey finish.

I would like to know if Aluminium Postschutz buckles by Assmann usually look like this or if it is an exceptional. But I was not able to find a second one.

Dan, the buckle itself is unmarked and no, the prongs are not what I would call Assmann prongs. But I have no doubts that the tab and the buckle belong together. I compared the stamping with an Assmann Neusilber buckle and it is the same.

Christian
                        Congrats for the lucky find, Christian.

Best

Ric

Comment

Congrats for the lucky find, Christian.
                          Thanks Ric & all for the comments!!

Comment

Christian,

Thanks for the explanation and great find! As you say, this was period done but I wonder if the individual who wore this could have had another buckle on the tab, perhaps Heer, and then changed to the Postschutz keeping same tab? I say this only because issued Postschutz would also have, not all, the DRP stamping in the leather or ink stamped on the leather. Any possibilities in this theory?

At any rate, super buckle and tab!!!!

Comment

Yes Dan, it is of course always possible that the tab was changed (period or not ), but in that case I can't believe that. It would be a big coincidence that somebody finds an aluminium Postschutz buckle which is not a Sieper production, matches the Assmann stamping and he added a tab with the "correct" year (most of the Sieper buckles are from 1936 as well).
                              You're right, many have a DRP stamped tab, but not all of them. Particulary from the "aluminium" period!

The missing green colour and the rarity brought me to the idea that the Assmann buckle is maybe a kind of private purchase variant?!

It would be great to see others from Assmann for comparison.

Christian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X