FlandersMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luftwaffe Belt and Buckle......Schmol & Comp.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe Belt and Buckle......Schmol & Comp.?

I think this one says Schmol & Comp. on the tab, and I think the mark is S C on the back of the buckle. Never really heard of this company before.......but then I never paid all that much attention to the companies when I was active in collecting. What can you tell me about it?

Ron

Schmole & Comp are a well known maker of buckles, I enclosed pics of a Heer one

Ben
    Attached Files

Comment

Rear
      Attached Files

Comment

Tab
        Attached Files

Comment

I have a LW Schmole but mine's a bit battered.
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hello Ron

This buckle is different than other companies. The area around the eagle isn't pebbled as it is with all other makers. Kirby

Comment

Kirby is correct. Also these buckles appear to be more domed than others, when you look at them on their side.
                  WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Originally posted by regiment739 View Post
                    Tab
                    Thanks for the information guys.

Ben,

I didn't see the "e" on my tab due to the stitching, and my old eyes, but I see it clearly on yours. I see something else on yours I, think, that I thought I saw on mine but wasn't sure. Is the company name Schmöle & Comp., rather than Schmole & Comp.?
                    Thanks for the information.

Ron

Comment

Hi Ron, are you refering to the dots over the O? If so they are German grammar marks, called (excuse the spelling) umliets or something like that, one the german members will correct me. But the company name is Schmole & Comp

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by regiment739 View Post
                        Hi Ron, are you refering to the dots over the O? If so they are German grammar marks, called (excuse the spelling) umliets or something like that, one the german members will correct me. But the company name is Schmole & Comp

Ben
                        Yes...the umlaut....I thought I saw one on mine, but wasn't sure. I thought I saw it clearer on yours, and from your reponse I guess I did. Thanks.

Ron

Comment

Name

Ron you saw it well: it is Schmöle & Comp. with the umlaut.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X