SA belt buckle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA belt buckle

Hello I would like to get some opinions on this SA belt and buckle. I just got it today. What do these usually sale for? I got this one from a lady here in my town.Thank you for any opinions and thanks for looking.
    Attached Files

picture of belt

here the second picture
    Attached Files

Comment

I dont like the second pic. The light makes it look yellow but its a brass.

Comment

Hey there. This is your typical SA buckle. Can't say that it is rare but these still get anywhere from $70US to $85US. If the buckle is maker marked on the back, it would be worth more as most of the SA buckles are unmarked. The belt looks pretty dry and beat up so I can't imagine it would go for much more than $20-$25.
        Hope this info helps....you should post a close up pic of the back of the buckle is you have a chance!
        Cheers!
        Rob

Comment

belt

Hey thank you . the back isnt marked . This is my fist direct vet purchase. There is alot of blood on the belt itself. But still its still pretty flexable. Thanks again.

Comment

This SA buckle is quite interesting and it actually holds a dark secret.

If has been confirmed that the buckle and strap have a sound provenance.

Unfortunately, this quite specific design SA roundel is faked.

Attached are images of a fake SA with what I think is exactly the same roundel design to that posted.

Regards,

David
            Attached Files

Comment

Last edited by David North; 06-03-2007, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Last edited by David North; 06-03-2007, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Last edited by David North; 06-03-2007, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the interest. The back of this one isnt the same as that one. I will post pics asap.

Comment

Images in relation to the reverse of your buckle would be of great interest.

I suspect for an original, this specific roundel can be found on a variety of brass boxes.

In the meantime and just to square the circle, here is an original (hopefully an original).

Regards,

David
                        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Yea thats like mine . It has two little welds to hold the thing on the front. But mine is a little dirtyer than that one . I dont usaly like to clean thing.

Comment

Here is the back of mine.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X