"Gold" DAF buckles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Gold" DAF buckles.

There are a couple great DAF buckle threads on the forum but I can't find anything that explains these. Are they variations, officer's, or? This one, from a local vet, is marked RZM M/4/72. I'm assuming from the other threads they are a bit scarce.

Andrew

How right you are! There are numerous DAF-Werkschar threads lurking within the forums archives, however there is extremely limited information about the "gold" buckle. Are you sure that the RZM M4 code is 72? It looks remarkably like a RZM M4/27 Overhoff to me. Minor detail perhaps and really, who cares.

I for one cannot add anything to what has been already suggested. The buckle is rare, however not madly so in my opinion and it is apparently attributed to the Werktruppen of the DAF-Werkschar. Do not forget though that there is more to these buckles than silver and gold. The buckles can not only be found with various shades of brown, green and grey paint or lacquer, however being made in aluminium, steel and nickle silver.

Even so, the one that you have shown is a super example and really quite desirable and valuable.

Regards,

David

Comment

Thanks! It might be RZM M/4/12?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X