Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danzig Administration

As there is much more than Wehrmacht and SS buckles
    i would like to show you my latest ebay-catch!

All i found in books is that it is supposted to be a buckle for civil servants of the city of Danzig.

Any information / pictures welcome!

Sven

Danzig buckle

Sven,

You are correct. This is in fact a buckle for the "Functionaires" of the city of Danzig. A very rare buckle but also somewhat esoteric in that few people know or would even be interested in this buckle. Never-the-less here are two more from my collection. The top one is pictured on P. 120 in "Catella's book.

Bill
    Attached Files

Comment

photo #2

Photo#2
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Sven,

Very nice !! as most Danzig related items actually ...

yves

Comment

Tut Tut ! and shame on you both Sven and Bill !!

Actually, I have been told on good authority that there is life after Wehrmacht and those bl**dy awful SS buckles - although I am still waiting with bated breath.

An excellent, very interesting and madly rare buckle. I cannot recall this buckle ever having been posted on the forum before and instead, having only been seen previously in the esteemed reference publications.

As Yves has quite rightly inferred, anything related to FS Danzig is interesting to say the very least !!

Regards,

David

Comment

David,

Thanks very much for the kind words. There is life after the 3rd Reich buckles. Unfortunately not to many collectors realize the dearth of what's out there. Years ago a friend of mine told me to get into the Imperial buckles and I did and then the Weimar period. Never regretted it. I continue to find on occasion the oddball buckle which is what the hobby is all about anyway. But the fakes-if it wasn't for the fakes, what fun it would be.

Bill

Comment

Hi Sven,

congratulations! A very nice example of this buckle. Well done.

Viele Gruesse aus meiner Wahlheimat Irland,

Danziger

Comment

hello to all you buckle enthusiast,

yes there is definitly life after, we should say BEFORE wehrmacht, ss and others!

my personal focus is imperial as well and i am very pleased with it, as a collector you will always find a new aspect to sort your collection, like marker, time, kingdom, etc.
                guess me collection will never be finished.

BILL: thank you for the information and the pictures, it´s always amazing to see what treasures you are still "hiding".

sven

Comment

Danzig

Hello all,
                  Lovely buckles. Are they all steel, or is one nickel? I seem to recall seeing one a long time ago that was brass with a nickel roundel. Anyone else seen the same?
                  What vintage are these buckles? WWI? Weimar? All of the above? Did Danzig ever send any troops with this distinctive buckle to the front in WWI? (Hence the feldgrau paint) Why would a civil buckle have feldgrau paint anyway?
                  Cheers,
                  Kevin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X