Army buckle help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army buckle help!

Hi Guys today I received a steel buckle and just for the kick of it I lined it up next to my two other steel buckles and then I noticed the one on the top (the new one) looked a lot different. Is it a variation or mayby late war or a nicely aged fake?

To me it looks very authentic and original but I would like to get that confirmed.

Please let me know your opinions

Cheers
    Lassi

Hi Lars all three are good, the one in question is a Hermann Aurich buckle, the eagle is quite distinct! Nice find

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by regiment739 View Post
      Hi Lars all three are good, the one in question is a Hermann Aurich buckle, the eagle is quite distinct! Nice find

Ben
      Hi Ben thank you very much for your help
      Is it a rare bird or is it common?

Cheers
      Lars

Comment

No probs Lars, anytime the maker is not common,but they do come up from time to time, they did a crank catch one, they are rare
        Attached Files

Comment

Ben..very nice buckle..BTW how many buckles you own?

If anybody shows a buckle, you have the same or a better one in your collection.

Comment

Hi Musketeer, I must have about 80 Heer buckles, but In still have alot missing from my collection. It is actaully getting hard now to find buckles that I do not already have or better ones to upgrade the ones that I do have. I may have to start collecting another type of buckle or something else also

Ben

Comment

Thanks Ben for your great help and expertise
              Cheers
              Lars

Comment

Originally posted by regiment739 View Post
                Hi Musketeer, I must have about 80 Heer buckles, but In still have alot missing from my collection. It is actaully getting hard now to find buckles that I do not already have or better ones to upgrade the ones that I do have. I may have to start collecting another type of buckle or something else also

Ben
                That's also my problem. It's hard to find meanwhile a maker for what I'm looking for.
                Perhaps we can exchange our buckle makers and maybe I've a piece for what you're lookig for you have a double one which you can send to me.
                On the pictures you can see only my Wehrmacht -Heeres buckles
                Attached Files

Comment

steel and alu buckles without tabs
                  Attached Files

Comment

steel buckles with tabs
                    Attached Files

Comment

PS Musketeer, sent you my e-mail address and by the way fantastic collection

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X