Imperial Buckle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imperial Buckle

Hello Another buckle i've never seen before. It's from a friends collection. Kirby
    Attached Files

This one also has some interesting construction. KIrby
    Attached Files

Comment

Wow Kirby, now that is unique nice buckle

Comment

Very cool! I love how the emblem is affixed....is it made that way so it can come off?????

Cheers!

Rob

Comment

Hello Guys We didn't try it but it does look like it made to be removed. KIrby

Comment

It's an Austrian WWI period buckle I believe.

Dave

Comment

Austrian buckle

Hello there,
              This is indeed an Austrian buckle from WWI, BUT it looks like it may be one of the excellent reproductions coming from the Vienna Army Museum. There are hundreds of these copies in various configurations out there, some artificially aged. Beware!
              Kevin

Comment

Hello Thanks for the info. It's not my buckle but i thought it was a interesting attachment. Did originals use theis type of attachment? Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin C Rea View Post
                  Hello there,
                  This is indeed an Austrian buckle from WWI, BUT it looks like it may be one of the excellent reproductions coming from the Vienna Army Museum. There are hundreds of these copies in various configurations out there, some artificially aged. Beware!
                  Kevin
                  Hi Kevin

What are the differences between these Museum copies and the genuine buckles?

Thank you

Eric

Comment

Replica Austrian Buckles

Hello and merry Xmas,
                    The replicas are very well made in both styles, stamped and removable eagle versions. I believe the steel version is also faked, as is the Hungarian Honved buckle. Some have been artificially aged, but it is difficult to fake actual evidence of wear. Only handling original versions can help you determine what is real or not.
                    Good luck!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X