Heer Brockmann & Probsting Rare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer Brockmann & Probsting Rare

Hi guy, another one of the buckles turned up today, quite a rare maker I believe. The maker I think is Brockmann & Probsting from Ludenscheid, they had an M5 3 number and were classed as a metal working factory and are down on the M5 list as Uniform Accessories. Buckle not mint but it is the only one I have ever seen. if anyone has any information on this maker or can confirm whether I am on the right track please pm or leave details. If anyone has any pics of buckles by this maker please post for comparison. Many thanks
    Attached Files

Rear
    Attached Files

Comment

Tab
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by regiment739 View Post
        Hi guy, another one of the buckles turned up today, quite a rare maker I believe. The maker I think is Brockmann & Probsting from Ludenscheid, they had an M5 3 number and were classed as a metal working factory and are down on the M5 list as Uniform Accessories. Buckle not mint but it is the only one I have ever seen. if anyone has any information on this maker or can confirm whether I am on the right track please pm or leave details. If anyone has any pics of buckles by this maker please post for comparison. Many thanks

Hello Ben,

in my opinion the buckle posted is by B. Haarmann, don't you agree ?

Best

Ric

Comment

Post deleted

Comment

It's definately B.Harrmann buckle - you could read it on leather tongue.

Comment

The moral of the story is guys, when you see a rare makers mark, do not get blinkered and buy it straight away, do some homework first what a waste of time

Comment

Ben look at the leather tongue - there is definately "B" for name of maker then after "." is "HA.... MANN" for surname of maker. Also eagle is the same as on Harrmann buckles.

Comment

Ben,

I would surmise that all collectors on this forum have done this at least once. I know I have! Sometimes we see things that are not as they truly are. My advice is to laugh a little and keep moving forward.

Regards,
                  Dan

Comment

Hi Dan, thanks for the words of support, I look back and it has been an expensive mistake but such is life, and it will not happen again, at least now I have 4 Haarmann buckles in the collection I have not mistaken this one though, I have sent payment for it and now just waiting for it to turn up when all is sorted
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by regiment739; 03-13-2007, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KC1 View Post
                      Ben,

I would surmise that all collectors on this forum have done this at least once. I know I have! Sometimes we see things that are not as they truly are. My advice is to laugh a little and keep moving forward.

Regards,
                      Dan

Ric

Comment

b

its still a nice buckle ben and to some collectors it may be rare you just have such a great varied collection,rgds dave

Comment

Hi Ben

Nothing ventured, nothing gained!!

I wait in suspense to see your Aluminium Schmidt buckle!!

Regards,
                          Guido

Comment

Ben,

A very nice rebound with the Schmidt - tab looks great!

Regards,

Dan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X