What a buckle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a buckle

Hi guys, today a buckle came that I have been after for a while. The maker is fairly common, Overhoff & Cie but you hardly ever see Heer buckles marked as such. On this one the buckle is unmarked whilst the tab has the full title Overhoff & Cie, Ludenscheid and dated 1940. Maybe for some a mundane buckle but for me a treasure which I have been after for ages If anyone has one could you post pics please? Cheers chaps
    Attached Files

Rear
    Attached Files

Comment

And that all important tab
      Attached Files

Comment

PS It came with a cracking belt that I will take pics of in daylight, I will also take better pics of the buckle, had to post it was like a kid in a sweetie shop. Sorry Dave this belt is a keeper, and many thanks to Bill at
        www.militaryspecialtiesinc.com

Comment

Amazing

How amazing : I have got one from the same maker and the buckle is stamped O & C whereas the leather tab is unmarked...
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the pic Simon, where is it marked? I looked on mine for a mark on the buckle with a magnifying glass but cannot find one, have you got a closer pic please?

Comment

l

nice buckle ben i have not seen a tab before stamped like that,very nice,, now cmon ben wheres my belt rgds dave

Comment

Originally posted by regiment739 View Post
                Hi guys, today a buckle came that I have been after for a while. The maker is fairly common, Overhoff & Cie but you hardly ever see Heer buckles marked as such. On this one the buckle is unmarked whilst the tab has the full title Overhoff & Cie, Ludenscheid and dated 1940. Maybe for some a mundane buckle but for me a treasure which I have been after for ages If anyone has one could you post pics please? Cheers chaps
                Indeed a scarce buckle when tabbed

Best

Ric

Comment

Awesome find Ben!!! Your networking is paying off in huge dividends.

Dan

Comment

maker mark

You are right Ben, we can see nothing on my picture.
                    But I promise you the buckle is marked just at the common location near the catch.
                    Will try to take more pics this week end.

I have another Reichwehr buckle with exactly the same maker mark on the tab.
                    You should have seen it on the link I posted below in my signature.

Comment

Originally posted by helmutderpa View Post
                      You are right Ben, we can see nothing on my picture.
                      But I promise you the buckle is marked just at the common location near the catch.
                      Will try to take more pics this week end.

I have another Reichwehr buckle with exactly the same maker mark on the tab.
                      You should have seen it on the link I posted below in my signature.
                      That would be great thanks Simon That is a nice Reichwehr buckle and getting towards the end of that period, I have one by Assmann marked 1936

Comment

Hi Ben, you're so right and my congratulations to the nice find!

I know, one day I will get also such a nice and with the full logo marked Overhoff Heer buckle! Until then I will dream from your piece

BTW: Look at the nice LW tropical buckle at Bill's site. Of course already sold!

Regards,
                        Guido

Comment

Hi guys better pics as promised
                          Attached Files

Comment

A
                            Attached Files

Comment

The Tab
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X