Need Help to Identify

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help to Identify

I have recently been provided some photos that I would like to share with you and receive feedback on pre or post war possibilities. The photos are of a helmet badge and buckle of the the Fire Brigade of Magdeburg, The buckle exhibits the DAF cog wheel encompasing the center piece and also, possibly, the NSBO hammer within a half circle of the DAF wheel. One thought process that I had is that it may belong to the firemen who protect the factories. Would like others to chime in and give their perspective thoughts on this buckle.

Regards,
    Dan
    Attached Files

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

Dan

Private and in house fire defence associated for the munitions manufacturer "Polte".

Regards,

David

Comment

David,

Thank you for providing the information. Makes perfect sense when you put it in that context. I am assuming pre-45 and that this then would be a fairly rare buckle although not highly coveted?

Regards - Dan

Comment

Dan,

Nice and interesting buckle. I agree w/David on what it is. Hard to say if it is pre or post war. If one could check on what happened to the Polte factory after the war that might tell you something. Hard to believe the allies would allow a munuitions factory to copntinue production after the war. But then stranger thingsd have happened. The cap plate would lead me to beleive that it is a prewar piece as would be the buckle most likely.
          I would think this buckle would be very rare and at least as rare as some of the other factory guard buckles-Hinkel for one.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by buckle1 View Post
            Dan,

.....at least as rare as some of the other factory guard buckles-Hinkel for one.

Bill
            Hi Bill,

I take the occasion to make a question : do you own a Heinkel buckle ?

Best

Ric

Comment

Hi Bill,

Upon further investigation, via the internet, the munitions factory was pulverized from Allied bombings which tells me that the buckle and helmet plate were definitely period worn. I did not notice until it was pointed out to me that Angolia has this buckle with this information on page 447 of the revised edition.

I think I can relay this information with confidence back to the individual who owns these items. (perhaps a chance to purchase a rare piece )
              Thanks for everyones input -

Regards,
              Dan

Comment

Dan,

Thanks for that info. sorry about the spelling of Heinkel-was in to much of a hurry. Will check Angolia. did not recollect seeing that buckle in his book.

Bill

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X