No announcement yet.

My Kriegsmarine Buckles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a late war RODO in blue-black. These were used by the Army but I guess the navy also could have used them.
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by klr View Post
        Hello
        .......The first is 1940 dated on the tab. It doesn't have the navy eagle and M stamp. In this condition it may never have been sent to the navy to be stamped. I don't think the Heer would have used this color in 1940. Kirby
        Hello Kirby,

a very interesting buckle you posted : even if the buckle was probably made by Haarman (in Luedenscheid) the leather tab bears Osang (in Dresden) marking and by the pics it seems the tab is original to the buckle.

Could you confirm the leather tab is not restitched ?

Best

Ric
        Last edited by b.collector; 07-27-2007, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Hello Ric

Here's some closeups of the tab. It does look like the stitching is double stitched all around. The thread isn't as thick as one any of my Heer buckles. This is the way the buckle came and i've had it at least 20 years. If this tab isn't correct let me know and i'll remove it. Do you think the buckle is a late war Heer. Thanks as aways for your input. Kirby
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by klr View Post
              Hello Ric

Here's some closeups of the tab. It does look like the stitching is double stitched all around. The thread isn't as thick as one any of my Heer buckles. This is the way the buckle came and i've had it at least 20 years. If this tab isn't correct let me know and i'll remove it. Do you think the buckle is a late war Heer. Thanks as aways for your input. Kirby

Kirby,

many thanks for the close-ups.

My first suggestion is : "don't touch anything" and leave the item as found since the tab looks really original to the buckle even if I personally have no explanation for that.
              I signed by a white line a small area where the ear has worked darkening the tab leather : may you verify if that area does match exactly the inner surface of the ear ? If does, we have another proof they are living together since a while.
              Anyway I still like your set and it could open an interesting discussion about suppliers relations.

Best

Ric
              Attached Files

Comment

Here's another WH buckle by Haarmann from my own collection, for the fellows wishing to compare them.

Ric
                Attached Files

Comment

Front side : obviously Kirby's and mine are from the same maker....

Ric
                  Attached Files

Comment

Jody very nice buckles -- I love the look of KM stuff. They go well with those badges you have. You must like naval items because you're surrounded by sand and rock

Here's what I want you to do -- take them in to a rowdy Freshman class at school this year and pass them around so the students can play with them.

Fellow teacher
                    Dennis

Comment

Hello Ric
                      Thanks for posting your buckle Same Marker and the stitching look the same but I don't think the wear on the tab matches the ears on the buckle. I've never thought of looking at tab wear in the area. Thanks

Kirby

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X