Unmarked HJ Buckle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unmarked HJ Buckle

Hi, I have just purchased this buckle and i wondered if anyone on the forum could tell me anythink about it, i have searched un marked buckles can not find one like this, and is it painted a dark brown colour? if anyone has any information i would be very gratefull, bye for now jimmy
    Attached Files

unmarked buckle

Originally posted by jimmytx3 View Post
    Hi, I have just purchased this buckle and i wondered if anyone on the forum could tell me anythink about it, i have searched un marked buckles can not find one like this, and is it painted a dark brown colour? if anyone has any information i would be very gratefull, bye for now jimmy
    another photo
    Attached Files

Comment

unmarked buckle

another photo
      another photo
      Attached Files

Comment

unmarked buckle

another photo
        another photo
        Attached Files
        Last edited by jimmytx3; 01-28-2007, 07:08 AM. Reason: photo error

Comment

Looks original IMO and an early piece by the catch, Chad will tell you more, he is the HJ god, normally HJ have a sliver wash on them PS That above pic does not look right? The buckle seems "upside down"?
          Last edited by regiment739; 01-28-2007, 08:09 AM.

Comment

unmarked buckle

Originally posted by regiment739 View Post
            Looks original IMO and an early piece by the catch, Chad will tell you more, he is the HJ god, normally HJ have a sliver wash on them PS That above pic does not look right? The buckle semms "upside down"?
            Thanks Ben, well spotted i have now changed photo over, bye for now jimmy

Comment

Originally posted by regiment739 View Post
              Looks original IMO and an early piece by the catch, Chad will tell you more, he is the HJ god, normally HJ have a sliver wash on them PS That above pic does not look right? The buckle semms "upside down"?
              I do agree with Ben.......waiting for Chad's confirmation

Best

Ric

Comment

Appears to be a perfectly sound, early and unmarked, nickle silver HJ buckle.

As for the obverse "coating" - goodness knows.

Regards,

David

Comment

hj buckle

Originally posted by David North View Post
                  Appears to be a perfectly sound, early and unmarked, nickle silver HJ buckle.

As for the obverse "coating" - goodness knows.

Regards,

David
                  Thank you Gentlemen for taking the time to comment, once again a pleasure, bye for now jimmy

Comment

As David , Ben and Ric have said, a perfectly sound buckle, it is a solid nickel silver buckle. I have never seen one of these painted before, and I dont know what is on that buckle . I couldnt tell you what it is, but it was not done by a factory or for an official purpose in my opinion. By the eagle design, it appears to be made by RichArd Sieper &Sohne RZM 50 , but an unmarked example. I have one unmarked just like yours without the coating on it. Hope this helps..Chad

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X