Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspect two piece SA buckle

Gents:
    I have pretty much written this buckle off..i don't like the detail on the rondel, the prongs..The disc is non magnetic,and the prongs etc. are plated and magnetic..but it is the three soldered holes that get me..is this indicative of a modern repro,or a put together?
    Attached Files

reverse...
    Attached Files

Comment

As you said yourself, the three roundels are an absolute give-away.

Sorry,Karl

Comment

Why three? were they meant for more than one repro do you think?

..and Karl , sorry is for divorce court..! heh!

Comment

You are indeed correct A reproduction

Comment

sa

sa

Comment

Originally posted by kurskss View Post
              ..and Karl , sorry is for divorce court..! heh!
              Funny you say that, I should have thought "glad" or "Thank God that's done with" would be the most appropriate epithets for a divorce. Mind you, I've never been married, but had a few "really meaningful" relationships explode. It hurts for a while, then you go exploring other shores...

Regards,
              Karl

Comment

It is odd that the persons producing these fakes, decided upon including a vertical line of three solder points to the reverse of their buckles. It is an absolute and non debatable indicator of a fake and these buckles still regularly appear on reputable sites. The problem lies when a fake is disassembled and a fake roundel is carefully applied to an original box.

Although there are wholly genuine NS buckles with a single hole to the buckle reverse (solder spot and split pin), I personally have never seen and in my opinion, an original SA with this affixing device.

Avoid any vertical triple hole buckle and treat with extreme caution, any SA with a single hole.

Regards,

David
                Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Fake Buckle Prongs

Shouldn't our first clue on all of these be the reverse cut (sometimes even jagged) OLC prongs, as Peter Nash illustrates in his book?

Comment

In my opinion and certainly in connection with the early period NS buckles, any type of claw tip is possible - with one exception.

The "reverse cut" tips, as per the attached fake DAF-Werkschar is a clear indication of a fake.

Every other claw tip (sharp, ragged, blunt, rounded, machined, cut off, eccentric angles, differing lengths etc. etc.) is possible.

Regards,

David
                            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X