Opinion please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion please

This is a recently acquired early DJ buckle. As my expertise is limited in the DJ arena I would like some of the more expert opinion on this specific buckle.

Thanks - Dan
    Attached Files

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

roundle
      Attached Files

Comment

prongs

Appreciate any comments you may have -
        Attached Files

Comment

Wow Dan, never even seen one

Comment

hello Dan Don't know much about these but here's my example. Kirby
            Attached Files

Comment

Reverse
              Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunetly not much is known about these buckles. I have one photo showing this buckle in wear:
                http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=50865

Was the roundel on your buckle once painted?

Christian

Comment

Thanks for everyone's input on this elusive buckle. It would seem there would be a place in the history books for this buckle and thanks to Christian, there is proof of the buckle being worn within the Youth Org. Is there any way to estimate the date of the photo? My guess is this buckle is an earlier production model than the DJ buckles with the sig rune

Christian - the buckle was not painted but is strikingly similar to the buckle posted by Karl - thanks Karl! The only real difference I see is the catch. I believe the lighting was not optimal during this photo shoot. The buckle looks to be brass on brass with chocolate brown patination.

Comment

Thanks for the information. I asked about the painting because sometimes the roundels are painted black. The one in my old collection had an aluminium (!) roundel on brass.
                    The photo is undated, but I agree with you, this kind of buckle was probably used for a short period before the "S" buckle was introduced.

Christian

Comment

A very scarce buckle. The one I had in my collection had the face plate painted black. Probably was a choice on the part of the owner. There was one on Mxxxxxxx's that just sold a week ago or so. Someone got a good buy on that one.

Bill

Comment

Bill -

Thank you for your input. Do you have any more information on this buckle that you can share with us?

Dan

Comment

Great buckles!!! I wish I would have kown this was a yuoth thread I also have one of these, mine is the one shown on top of page 266 in Angolias book . mine has no paint. These buckles are seldom seen. I have no information to add to the history of the buckle... but beware there are fakes of this buckle out there, they are usually very shiny or have a strange look due to forged aging techniques, and they exhibit the OLT prongs... Chad

Comment

Hi all,

I also have one of these, brass box and silver roundel. There are traces of black paint on the pebbled "background" of the roundel. It is marked O&C ges.gesch. on the reverse. I posted it in some earlier thread, but can't do so anymore. The design is an early version of the DJ emblem. The buckle is surely pre-1933 and, as has been said before, not seen that often.

Kind regards,
                            Karl

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X